I've not had much luck with "provided" codes, probably because there are just so doggoned many TV models out there. Most remotes have instructions on how to let the remote itself find the code. I found the manual online
). Adapted from the manual:
1. Make sure you have batteries correctly inserted in the remote.
2. Turn ON the TV manually.
3. Press and hold the SETUP button until the red indicator stays on, then release the SETUP button.
4. Press and quickly release the desired mode button [TV, in this case]. The red indicator blinks off once.
5. Press the CHANNEL UP button repeatedly (up to 300 times) until the device to be controlled changes channel. The red indicator blinks off with each button press.
Code Search starts from the currently stored three digit
number under that mode. Sometimes the first code that "works" with your device may only allow limited functionality (e.g. the MENU button might not work).
There may be a code that performs more functions.
Continue the code search process until the best code is
Press the DOWN button to backtrack through the library
until the device changes channel. Pressing
CHANNEL UP changes direction to forward
6. Press and release ENTER to install the code.