Question about Televison & Video
Haven't tried it, but found this online somewhere....
1. Open tray and remove any disks in tray.
2. Close tray.
3. Switch Off Player and Unplug from mains wait 30 seconds (this clears RAM)
4. Reconnect to mains
5. Turn on player with remote.
6. Press ENTER on remote.
5. Press 8, 4, 2, 6, 9.
7. Press ENTER on remote. (The tray will open)
8. Switch off power from remote, then switch back on.
9. Player is now Region Free.
Posted on Mar 22, 2009
You need to force the player to the the Top Menu of the disc.
The way to do this is: load disc, wait until it says "Reading Completed" (about 1 minute).
Wait for the PLAY icon ">" to show in the upper right corner (this may take up to 30-40 secs).
Once you see the ">" Hit the STOP button on the remote to get to the player's splash screen.
From the Sharp splash screen Hit the "Top Menu/Title List" button on the remote and wait for the circulating dots and then the disc menu appears.
Play the movie from the menu and you should be good to go.
Posted on Sep 16, 2009
SOURCE: My Blu-ray keeps saying no disc.
This can be caused by a number of different things, some simple ones are:
- Unplug for 5 minutes then replug, this will reset the processor and it may smarten up (just like rebooting a computer)
- Take the unit apart and using a Q-tip and lens cleaner gently clean off the lens of the laser...only do this is you feel comfortable. If there is a hair or obstruction on the lens it will not read discs. If it is still under warranty, send it in first before you take it apart, it may void warranty.
- If the above two do not work then the transport mechanism may be defective and the repair would be around 100 -150 dollars, which is probably not worth repairing and it is best to look at a replacement machine.
Hope this helps!
Posted on Jan 20, 2010
I have a Samsung BD-P1600 and was having similiar problem...played thru previews but would not play. Instead of just powering off/on... I pulled the plug on the ac cord out and left it out about 20 minutes and it now works !
Posted on May 17, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanks for responding. It's working!"
The Tech told me to unplug my blu ray. Then push the middle button on top for 10 seconds to reset it. Hope that helps. I didn't help me.
Posted on May 25, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 20, 2016 | Samsung HT-E6500W Blu Ray Home Theater...
Dec 20, 2014 | Samsung Wireless Amplifier Swa-5000 For...
Jun 30, 2014 | Samsung Televison & Video
Mar 21, 2011 | Samsung Black DVD Player DVDC350
Mar 14, 2011 | Samsung HT-DS1000 System
Apr 25, 2009 | Televison & Video
Nov 29, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders
Nov 18, 2008 | Televison & Video
Apr 12, 2008 | Samsung HT-Z310T Theater System
Sep 24, 2020 | Panasonic Televison & Video
1,018 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!