Question about RCA F36649 36" TV
We can get to the menu and the guide but because of the continous changing of the channels we cannot get it to stop on anything to make the changes such as Language,etc. We have looked through the other problems and could not find one such as ours. We do have the TV unplugged and are awaiting info hopefully from you to help us. Thanks Tadpole
I have seen this befor, 1st. take batteries out of remote to make sure that no buttons on the remote is causing this problem. If the problem presists then the fault is the buttons on the front of the tv.power,vol,ch, etc. if one is bad I replace them all. if you can remove the front board, ( it usually clips in and out hard, try not to break the clips) if the wire/cable dissconnects you can take it somewhere that sells switches. the originals are $5.00 to $10.00 each, price adds up fast. or replace one at a time & take your chance. good luck.
Posted on Nov 16, 2006
Tips for a great answer:
Programming channels automatically
Your TV can automatically detect all active channels and store them in
its memory. After the TV has stored the channels in its memory automatically,
you can add or erase channels manually.
To add channels automatically:
1. Press MENU, then press "left arrow" or "right arrow" button to display the SETUP menu.
2. Press "Up arrow"or "down arrow" until the TV/CABLE
selection is highlighted.
3. Press "left arrow" or "right arrow" button to highlight either
TV or CABLE, depending on which you use.
If you use an antenna, choose TV.
If you use cable, choose CABLE.
4. Press "down arrow" button until the CH PROGRAM selection is highlighted.
5. Press "left arrow" or "right arrow" button to start channel programming. The TV will automatically
cycle through all the TV or Cable channels (depending on which you
selected), and store all active channels in the channel memory.
While the TV is cycling through the channels, the message
"PROGRAMMING NOW-PLEASE WAIT" appears.
6. When channel programming is complete, the message "COMPLETED"
7. Press CH UP or DOWN button to view the programmed channels.
Usually answered in minutes!