I have recently bought a portable dvd player and i have reason to think that its stuffed 4 good....however i hope this is not the case...every time i turn it on as of yesterday the sound and picture works however the picture is distorted and fuzzy...it seems to be jumping around and looks like its being swiped off the screen..i have tried charging it...using a range of discs...leaving it on...leaving it off..nothing seems to work..i use it frequently..can u please help me!!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It won't play for one of two reasons: 1. There is something inside the DVD player, which keeps it from playing. 2. The DVD player's battery has run out of juice and can no longer play, meaning the player needs to be replaced.
It can be several reasons
1. Disk is upside down
2. Lens is durty. CD/DVD cleaning disk will help
3. Disk is in different formate (for instance NTSC for US but you trying to playback disk in PAL)
4. Disk has different region code (look is the dvd player and disk have the same code, or ALL Regions code)
Audiovox code hack for DVD players 1. Turn the DVD player on
2. Go to the main setup page
3. In the main set up page press the numbers 9653
4. In the new menu go to region press enter
5. In region use the up and down arrow to select the region
6. Turn the DVD player off and turn it on
7. You now should have changed to the region of choice.
This hack was found on the internet. I hope this information helps you with your problem.
I don't know if you ever got an answer or not, but we have this same unit and also had this problem. (now we have a different problem) Anyway, there is a small button on the mail base that I think is on the upper right. When the screen is closed the button is compressed, when the screen is opened it should fully pop out, but ours did not. It appeared to be, but if you pressed it in, it would fully pop out and the screen would work. Sometimes we had to do this several times during a trip. For some reason it would not stay fully popped out? We had already taken the exact same DVD player back to Target because of this same problem, only to have the second unit do the same. I bought this particular player because I assumed with the "Eddie Bauer" name it would be quality. I was mistaken. Hope you already figured this out. Sincerely, T