I have four problems
1. on my main menue, where my FM radio should be, it's not. i press configure menu, then back out. and the radio then appears. so i click on it, and nothing happens.
2. my player isn't importing cd covers anymore, only the text. i know this one isn't important, but to me it is.
3. under artist or any lookup, not all the cd's are showing up. some are just not "there" but if i keyword search it, it's all of the sudden there.
4. in some of the cd's, i can heard a steady clicking in the backgroud, like a cd is scratched. but the noise wasn't there a few weeks ago.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You may need to reinstall the firmware on your Zen to get it working properly again. The above link will take you to the creative website and the exact page you need for your software and manual downloads.
OK this seems to easy a fix for you, but try it.
* In the main menu where it lists your options (and where FM Radio would be) press the 'Menu' button on your Microphoto (bottom right button) and there is an option to 'Configure Menu' and in there should be the option to show FM Radio again. Hope that helps you.
I have a similar, but different problem, so ill list below, maybe it will help someone out.
i also replaced the (broken) 8gb microdrive with 8gb compact flash in my Zen Microphoto, which worked flawlessly! BTW i bought the A-Data 'SPEEDY CF 8GB' from newegg.com.
My FM Radio still shows up, but only gets MONO sound on the Right channel, its very frustrating. i took it all apart again and made sure no connections were loose or broken, but everything seems perfect. i believe it to be a firmware issue, i think ill try to roll back the drivers. im using firmware 1.31.01.
its just annoying to have to roll back to Media Player 10 everytime just to install the firmware and have windows properly communicate with the zen... :[
If you go to the menu, and hit system, then hit display settingsand finally hit configure menu it should bring u to a checklist page....if u scroll down to FM Radio, that box should be checked...if not than check the box and bac out bac into the menu screen....FM radio should now b there!
If pressing the Reset button doesn't work, you should probably try
reloading the firmware (this would be a good time to update your
firmware anyways). You can get the latest firmware off the Creative
site under "Support". Just be sure you select the right player, as
there are several on the list that look similar.