Question about Maytag 24 in. MDB8600AW Jetclean II Built-in Dishwasher
You can see a video of this very repair being done on your dishwasher here: http://thatsawesome.tv/?p=44
Posted on Nov 11, 2008
Catriver is correct as far as he goes, but the real problem is getting the plastic handle onto the switch assembly. There must be a 'trick' to this but it eluded me and a trained repair technician so we used pliers and brute force. It should be noted that the plastic handle has been modified since the original. There are now metal reinforcements in the hinge pivot, which was the bit that broke off on the original without the metal strengthening. Suggestions for the correct assembly of the handle and switch will still be welcome.
Posted on Apr 01, 2007
You are going to have to remove the inside panel and get it from the inside. There should be 11 tork screws on the inner panel. Before lifting it away, disconnect the wires from the vent and dispensor wax motor. The latch assy will can now be removed from the inside. If you take your time and observe, it should be a piece of cake...Catriver..post back.
Posted on Nov 12, 2006
Tips for a great answer:
Welcome to FixYa.com
Latch Replacement - Endgate
1. Lowerthe endgate.
2. Loosen the handle bolts.
3. Raise the endgate.
4. Remove the handle bezel by prying gently on the upper retainer tabs.
5. Disengage the linkage rods (1).
6. Lower and support the endgate.
1. Remove the cables from the side panel cable retainer bolts.
8. Remove the bolt holding the latch assembly.
l_1m a gj
9. Disengage the linkage rod from the latch assembly.
10. Remove the latch assembly from the endgate.
1. Engage the linkage rod to the latch assembly.
2. Install the latch assembly to the vehicle.
Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
3. Install the latch assembly bolts.
Tighten the bolts to 25 N.m [18 Ib if).
4. Connect the cables on each side of the endgate to the side panel cable retainer bolts.
5. Engage the linkage rods (1J.
6. Raise the endgate.
7. Install the endgate handle bezel. Pressing into place until fully seated.
8. Tighten the handle bolts.
Tiqhten the bolts to 25 N.m 118 lb ftl.
Thank you for Using FixYa.com
Kind Regards, Lee
Your FixYa Expert and Master Technician
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: