I had the same problem on the connection and it turned out just to be so simple as some dust/dirt in the connection surface for the sync cable. I fixed it by cleaning the connection surface with isopropanol. That helped.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Assuming you are running Palm OS and not one of the rare beta Windows Mobile versions, here is my take on this.
Are you using a USB or Serial Sync cable? With either solution, make sure that the setting on the Palm Desktop Hotsync Manager is set to the correct setting (either USB, Serial, IR, etc). Conflicts between the cable type and the settings on your PC are common.
I prefer using USB cables since they are faster and you can tell if you are connected quicker than with a serial cable. Initiate the sync via your phone or the Palm Desktop Manager software. I have had faulty cable sync buttons and this was a good solution for me. If you haven't tried a new sync cable, you might want to.
Actually if you have time and a laptop, you can take your Treo to a Palm store and borrow one of their cables to try and sync. They were really helpful whenever I went in there.
This is how I got it working. Don't use wireless sync software, someting is definitely buggy with it.
Here is what I did to resolve sync errors:
1. Perform a hard reset on the Palm
2. Go to the Palmone folder on your hard drive (C:\Program Files|PalmOne. Look for the Backup folder. Rename this folder Backup Old.
3. Connect the Treo to your computer.
4. Right click the Hotsync icon in the taskbar and click Custom.
Change the four Outlook conduits (Calendar, Contacts,Tasks,Memos) to Desktop overwrites Handheld.
5. Run a Hotsync with the Treo. It should sync without errors. If you need to install additional applications you can add them now
Thanks to a fellow user, I was informed that I needed to purchase Chapura software. The following link has the software that does two way sync with BCM. Others don't. I did however have a few problems, but the help desk through Chapura was able to get the process working.