Please help i have a whirlpool awm 8143 which is not completeing a wash cycle the messagr on the display is FH this means that there is not enough water in the machine .I have cleaned out all the filters and checked all the pipes and they are not blocked,any one got any ideas what is causing this problem ,Thanks
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
F07 - Motor Control Unit (MCU) Error - Disconnect power and unplug unit. Check wire harness connections between drive motor and Motor Control Unit (MCU), and between MCU and the Central Control Unit (CCU). Reconnect power and plug unit in. Check the MCU by looking for operations of the drive motor, and check drive motor for powered rotations. Replace failed component.
Note: If this failure occurs during high-speed spin, the door will be unlocked after three minutes.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question
Hi There I have found what you looking for and i hope this help's yo. let me know.
Motor Tachometer Error
control is unable to properly detect motor speed and the
machine will shut down. If a failure occurs during high-speed
spin, the door will be unlocked after 3 minutes.
wire harness connections between the Drive Motor/Tachometer
and the Motor Control Unit (MCU), and between the MCU
and the Central Control Unit (CCU)
the Drive Motor
the Wire Harness
Thank you for writing to fix ya. Best regards Richard
Okay, ther manufacturer recommends unplugging the washer for at least 30 minutes to reset the computer. It could be you have a momentary glitch causing some problems. If you still have the same problem after leaving the washer unplugged, the following link explains the "FH" error code:
Is there water in the tub? Or...is the tub empty?
If there is water in the tub you need to check the following:
1. Verify that you do not have a siphon problem. This is caused by placing the drain hose too far into the drain standpipe and/or sealing the top of the standpipe. This will cause water to constantly empty as the tub tries to fill. You need to have an air gap for proper drainage.
2. Check your pressure switch and pressure switch hose.
3. Make sure the drain pump is operating correctly.
4. Check operation of flow meter. This is what actually detects the water flow coming into the machine and causes the error to flash if the proper conditions on are not set. It will detect the AMOUNT of water entering the tub and it detect the pressure switch trip that shuts off the supply when the tub is filled.
If there is no water in the tub you need to check the following:
1. Check your fill valve screens. Turn off the water and remove the hoses from the back of the washer. The fill valve screens are inside the hose connections on the back of the washer. It only takes a small amount of debris to restrict water. You can clean them out using cotton swabs.
2. Make sure your fill hoses are not kinked or clogged.
Check the easy possibilities, first. I suspect you may have either a siphoning problem, or clogged fill valve screens. If you check everything and still have problems, I would replace your fill valve before suspecting a defective pressure switch or flow meter.
Let me know if this helps.