Question about Lexmark E232 Laser Printer
Last week my printer's error light came on and it stopped printing. The last page it printed was a page saying I needed a new photoconductor. I purchases a lexmark photoconductor. I put it in with my toner cartridge and the light is still on and the printer will not work. I have reset the printer, tried shutting it down for a bit and turning it back one. I don't really know what else to try.
Make sure to install the new photoconductor 1st.
1) Power off the printer using the switch in the back.
2) Open the front cover.
3) Press and hold the Continue button (Big silver button with Diamond shape symbol) and power the printer On (turn the switch back to ON).
4) When you see the last light i.e. error light on solid, release the Continue button and close the front cover.
5) When you close the cover you will see all the top 3 lights on solid.
6) Press the cancel button with X symbol for 4 times very slowly till you see toner low light (i.e. second light from top) on solid.
7) Press the continue button and wait until you see the light sequence.
8) Press the cancel button and wait until you see the light sequence.
9) Finally power off the printer using the switch in the back (IMPORTANT= wait 1 minute) and power it back on to exit the configuration mode.
Posted on Feb 09, 2009
Use the management software to reset the photo conductor count. There is a cd that came with it that has a management tool. This software is how you setup and manage your printer. check the lexmark website if you have trouble I am sure there is an explanation on how to reset the count
Posted on Jan 08, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 17, 2014 | Lexmark X342n All-In-One Laser Printer
Jul 09, 2011 | Lexmark E260dn Laser Printer
Sep 24, 2010 | Lexmark E250dn Laser Printer
Jun 26, 2009 | Dell 1700n Laser Printer
May 29, 2009 | Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
Mar 03, 2009 | Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
Feb 23, 2009 | Dell 1700n Laser Printer
Sep 25, 2008 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 03, 2008 | Ricoh Aficio CL3500N Laser Printer
Aug 12, 2007 | Lexmark E238 Laser Printer
Dec 10, 2015 | Lexmark E232 Laser Printer
2,346 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!