Question about Elna Sewing Machines
Elna XE36 Sewing Machine, require a user manual. I don't remember how to fix the tension or thread the bobbin.
Try these sites
Posted on Apr 07, 2012
Testimonial: "Thanks everyone for the assistance it is very much appreciated."
SOURCE: Bobbin thread breaks
Make sure your bobbin thread is turning clockwise as it sits in the bobbin case. There is a screw on the outside of the bobbin case you can turn with your thumb slightly to adjust tension. If you dangle the case from the thread and give it a light ****, it should move down slightly when doing so-an indicator of good bobbin tension.
Posted on May 20, 2008
IT PROBABLY IS THREADED INCORRECTLY. GO SLOWLY BY THE DIAPHRAGM AND MAKE SURE IT IS THREADED CORRECTLY. ALSO MAKE SURE SPOOL PIN HOLDERS ARE IN PLACE THAT HELPS TO GUIDE THE THREAD CORRECTLY.
Posted on Sep 22, 2008
Wind the Bobbin
For the usual jobs, it is the best to use a medium sized thread.
2. Disengage the flywheel by unscrewing the coupling knob as far as it will go.
3. Place the bobbin on the bobbin winder, and push the bobbin winder to the right.
4. Pull out one of the spool pins and place the spool of thread on it.
5. Pass the thread through the bobbin winder tension discs, as indicated.
6. Wind the end of the thread around the bobbin by hand, in the direction indicated.
7. Wind the bobbin, at a medium speed by pressing lightly with a finger on the spool so as to stretch the thread better and thus fill the bobbin to a maximum. The full bobbin stops automatically.
8. Re-engage the flywheel by tightening the coupling knob.
9. Cut the thread and remove the bobbin from the bobbin winder by pushing the latter to the left.
Posted on Aug 23, 2008
What brand of machine is it - google the brand, model
# and the word manual - if it is older you may be able
to find a free one.- Are you able to wind a bobbin and then have trouble? If that is the problem - make sure you keep your foot on your foot pedal and don't vary your speed at all - you want your bobbin wound evenly. If that is not the problem check with some of your friends who sew because most bobbins are wound the same - or go into a used sewing machine
store with the name of your machine - they should
be able to tell you how to do it or google it -how to wind a bobbin..
Posted on Feb 12, 2010
The balance stitch control on this model is below the stitch patterns; to the far right.
If you need a manual you can download a free one at the Singer Company website.
Posted on Mar 13, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 05, 2012 | Sewing Machines
Apr 20, 2012 | Elna Sewing Machines
Oct 30, 2011 | Elna 2007 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Oct 21, 2011 | Elna 1010
May 22, 2011 | Elna Sewing Machines
May 06, 2011 | Elna 2005 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Jan 16, 2011 | Elna 2007 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Sep 02, 2009 | Elna Sewing Machines
Aug 24, 2008 | Singer 7462 Mechanical Sewing Machine
192 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!