Question about Philips Televison & Video
Retune usung buttons on the side got 230 digi services but no bbc red button channel 301 works
Posted by Anonymous on
Found this when my Philips LCD TV lost the BBC RED button http://sparedparts.com/parts/details/philips-lcd-tv-bbc-red-button-no-longer-works
No BBC RED button
Posted on May 18, 2012
SOURCE: Can't change channels
I had exactly the same problem. I finally found the power button on the underside of the TV. It is well hidden and to find it, you need to run your fingers underneath the panel. Turn it off for a minute or so and turn it back on and then turn on the switch on the panel on the upper right side where the channel and volume buttons are. It works.
Posted on Nov 14, 2008
Updating the Channel List Automatically You can update the channel list when the broadcaster adds new Services or if you move the TV to a new location.
1. Press the MENU button to display the menu. Press the ▲ or ▼ button to select "Digital Menu", then press the ENTER button.
2. Press the ▲ or ▼ button to select "Channel", then press the ENTER button.
3. Press the ENTER button again, to select "Country".
4. Select the appropriate country by pressing the ▲ or ▼ button. Press the ENTER button to confirm your choice. Even though you have changed the country setting in this menu, the country setting for Analogue TV is not changed. (Refer to page 11 of the user guide)
5. Press the ▲ or ▼ button again, to select "Auto Store". Press the ENTER button. When it has finished, the number of scanned services will be displayed. The existing favourite channel list will not be deleted when the channel list is updated. To stop the scan before it has finished, press the ENTER button with "STOP" selected.
6. Press the EXIT button to exit. If the signal status is poor, the "No Service found! Check the aerial connection" message is displayed. Check the aerial connection and the try the procedure again.
If the channel icon is greyed out and you cannot tune the channels press the TV/DTV button on the remote control unit so that the icon is visible again and not greyed out. This will allow you to tune the TV.
Posted on Oct 02, 2009
Start by doing a factory settings/ defaults on the Sharp rather than a normal automatic retune.This should then be ok. You need to empty the existing presets first so it will find the new type of signal BBC is now using.
If still not working for BBC1 +2 then look at whether you have too much aerial signal strength. (ie a booster/splitter that you could bypass)
Posted on Nov 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 14, 2014 | Humax FOXAT HDR DTV Receiver
Mar 29, 2013 | TVonics Televison & Video
Jan 18, 2010 | Televison & Video
Nov 18, 2009 | Samsung LE37S71 37 in. HD-Ready LCD TV
Nov 06, 2009 | Pace Televison & Video
Oct 04, 2009 | Sagem PVR 6280 Freeview DTV Receiver /...
Oct 01, 2009 | Philips TV Tuner Video Capture PCI Card -...
Sep 11, 2009 | Insignia NS-LCD19 19 in. LCD TV
Aug 12, 2009 | Televison & Video
Sep 22, 2007 | Televison & Video
325 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!