TV was working fine until today I got home turned the power on and it had no video or audio only the red timer/standby light was flickering. I hear a clicking sound when I turn it on but nothing happens. I took the tv off the surge protector and pluged it in directly but no change. I dont really know what the situation is and it had not done this before it had turned off by itseld before but you could turn it on no problem.
Re: tv wont turn on the timer/standby light lickers
Open up the tv. On the boards that have connectors, de-attach all of them, one by one. Use a can of "duster" to clean out each receptical, then re-attach each piece. Do this to each and every connector on the boards inside. This should solve the problem.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
JustAnswerhttps://www.justanswer.com > TV Problems
Sep 27, 2012 - Unfortunately, the symptoms you are experiencing (flashing power/status light, tv won't power on) are generally symptomatic of an internal ... 1 answer · Top answer: p0llinate : Hello, and welcome to justanswer, a pay site for expert technical help. My ...
Power Issues Troubleshooting *NOTE* LG & Vizio TVs must be plugged in for 5 minutes before it will turn on*
1. Inspect ALL Ribbons and connectors. Any tears or bad connections between boards must be replaced FIRST
2. If you have any of these boards, it should be the first board to be replaced
A) T-Con Board - Video Problems (No Video with standby light on, audio but no video, grainy, distorted, or color problems in screen)
B) X or Y Buffer Board (Plasma TVs only) - Standby light is on but no power
C) Backlight Inverter / LED Driver - No Video with standby light on
3. Main Video Board
- Standby light is on but no power
- Either video or audio does not work (if no T-Con in TV. If audio but no video it is T-Con)
4. Power Board - No power AND standby light does NOT turn on. If standby light is on try other boards above
5. Panel - No power, distorted picture, lines, slow motion, half screen, faded in / out. Panel problems are usually not worth replacing the panel.
Based on what you described I would say your TV has the "shrinking and expanding" fault. Its a common problem on that model and the symptoms can range from the video shrinking and expanding or no video or no audio....You can read more about this fix on the site www.TvRepairKits.com
with tv in standby press INFO / MENU / MUTE / STANDBY on remote tv will come on with service menu DO NOT CHANGE ANY SETTINGS
look at list you will see reset
ONLY USE DOWN NAVAGATION KEY until RESET is highlighted
then PRESS RIGHT NAVAGATION KEY the tv will reset
PRESS STANDBY TO EXIT
the tv will need retuneing after
hope this helps
Put your PS3 in standby mode (hold the power button until the light turns red) then release, and hold the power button again for about 10 seconds, or until the light beeps a second time. When the PS3 restarts, it should display using whatever it finds first.