Battery dead, boost car, cd player doesnt work anymore...
Ok, my car battery was dead for an unknow reason. So we tryed to boost car but we did something wrong and there was a short circuit. Now my cd-player doesn't work anymore. The fuse in my car is fine tough... Is there another fuse in the electric cord?
If no, does it mean my radio is dead? Hope not... :(
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If your battery was completely dead the car has to be reset. Look in your owners manual and see if there is something about resetting certain functions if you have a dead battery. You might need the code for the radio/CD player to get it working again. A dealer can provide you with it, but you will need positive ID that you are the owner of the car.
If this doesn't help, the MixMax must be opened up. By CAREFULLY prying the corners loose, you can remove the back. You will break several of the smaller retainer clips during this, but it's OK. The main retainers will hold the unit together just fine once completed. Once opened, unplug the battery. NOTE THE ORIENTATION of the red and black wires. Use any 5V 500ma or less power supply and connect to the battery. Charge it for at least 30 seconds. return the battery to the unit, and reassemble. DO NOT TURN IT ON. Plug the USB cord in and let it charge completely.
The MixMax will disable the power if there is an unexpected power interruption, then the battery will run completely dead. Once dead, it cannot detect the USB when connected.
You need to check the power transformer and power cord . If they both are OK , then you need to replace the battery , because I think that the battery is dead [ can't be recharged anymore ] . If you mean that the device turns on normally but there's nothing on the screen , then I would guess that the reason is a water damage . Just try to remember , if it was near the water or humidity lately .
Have you check if the battery is ok, remove th battery, get a battery
booster to boost it and charge for sometime, if did not still power on,
get a technician to help repair it, it means the panel might be faulty.