please look here.
It sounds like you may have spray cleaner or another liquid in the keypad.
I always recommend that users spray the cleaner on a soft cloth (not on the keypad itself) then wipe the control panel off.
Otherwise, the spray can get into the controls and lock it up or make it act odd.
I recommend a soft cloth since paper towels can scratch the plastic.
Also, I always recommend non-ammonia cleaners since ammonia can crack
and damage plastic.
If it does not dry out over time, it may need to be manually dried or blown out with compressed air.
Ideally the control panel (if it's an over the range model) or outer cover (if it's a counter top type) should be removed to aid in the drying.
The keypad may also be damaged and need to be replaced.
If you (or someone you know) might want to replace it yourself, I have uploaded a handy guide with pictures
showing you what's typically involved.
You can get Samsung parts here
If you would like to have us do this for you, we do that for $39.95 plus part costs.
Please feel free to contact me directly if you need more help.We're happy to help you and we'd appreciate your
thoughtful rating of our answer.
William E. Miller[email protected]http://www.microwavedisplay.com