When I turn on my Handycam the Lens Cover won't fully open. I get a display telling me, "Lens Cover not fully open, turn power off and then on." When I try to do this I get the same thing over and over again. Because the lens cover won't fully open, my Handycam won't let me record.
Help me FixYa your my only hope.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It sounds like a problem with the firmware in the camcorder itself. As an authorized Sony repair person, I have gotten no technical bulletin on this model. The firmware is preloaded into the microprocessor IC. You will need to have this unit looked at by an authorized Sony repair center who specializes in camcorder repairs or send the unit to a Sony factory service center. good Luck
1. Open the tape cover fully until it clicks open. 2. Turn the camcorder on to "VCR Mode." 3. With the cover still open and the camera in "VCR mode," take out the battery. 4. Put the battery back in--out should pop your tape.
Hi, perform the following steps to get this issue resolvbed...
1. Check whether the lens cover is opened
2. check whether the battery is fully charged.
If the battery is not fullly charged, connect the Camcorder to the wall outlet using the sipplied AC adaptor.
3. Then, try resetting the Camcorder by pressing the RESET button using a sharp-pointed object while the Camcorder is turned ON.
4. If the issue still persists, turn OFF the Camcorder; then remove the battery pack and discinnect the Ac adaptor from the Camcorder; slide the POWER switch to the ON position for 1 minute. Then, connect the AC Adaptor tro the wall outlet and cjeck whether it helps.
If the issue still persists, service of the unit may require. contact the manufacturer of the Camcorder to get ut serviced.
Take the battery out and turn selection switch to camera and then turn it off. Put the battery back in and its working again.
if that doesn't work try
Try smacking the side of the camera relatively hard with the palm of your hand. Eject the tape and reinsert. You may need to do this a couple of times.
the problem of your camera is the ccd image sensor...better go to the sony service center for replacing the image sensor..i know it is free for replacing that sensor cause that is one of the model that sony recall produc and the cover not open error message is a poor contact of the lens cover switch...
Well, replacement of the shutter unit (lens barrier)instead of the repair seems more realistic...
Please contact your nearest Sony Service for the price estimate.
If you need more info please advice.
OMG! I had the same issue and blew on the lens. To easy to be true, but it worked! I thought maybe it was a fluke, so I turned the camcorder on and off several times, and it worked every time! Sure beats the $341 Sony was going to charge to fix it!!!!