Question about Panasonic CXDVP292 Car DVD Player
SOURCE: Microwave went dead
A microwave can be dead for many reasons.
It may be the fuse, which is usually located behind the grille or on the floor of the oven behind the control panel or between the door switches.
If the fuse is good, it may be an open thermostat or thermal cutout (TCO) / thermal fuse on or near the magnetron or on top of the cavity / body of the oven.
If it goes dead for a while during or after cooking then comes back on, the magnetron is probably overheating and causing the magnetron thermostat to open.
Then when it cools, it closes the circuit and allows power through again.
If it went dead almost immediately after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a shorted high-voltage capacitor.
If it went dead a few seconds after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a failing high-voltage transformer.
You should also check the high voltage rectifier diode to be sure it's not shorted too: http://www.gallawa.com/microtech/diode.html (if it is NOT shorted, it's probably fine)
If it goes dead or blows the breaker (or GFI) when you plug it in or open or close the door, then there's a problem with a door switch or door switch mount.
If it's intermittent or random, it may be a bad connection, usually on the control board or a loose fuse holder, or even an intermittent fuse.
You should do a continuity test on the fuse while it's in the holder (with the microwave unplugged, of course) then turn the fuse by hand or take it out and put it back in, then test it again.
If you remove the fuse, then press the meter leads against the ends, it can allow internal contact to be made and make a bad fuse appear to be good.
If you or someone you know decide to look into it, we have critical safety information and disassembly information at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa.
You can find an authorized Panasonic servicer here. You can order Panasonic parts from Tritronics, but if you don't find what you're looking for there, try here.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Nov 07, 2008
The chances are that you bridged the printed track with a splash of solder when you replaced the regulator. A short circuit like this will cause the fuse to blow. You can get replacement 20mm slow blow 2amp fuses quite easily. But before you fit a new one, pull the board out again and have a very careful look under a magnifying glass at your solder joints. Get a small stiff bristle brush and carefully brush across the joints in case there is a tiny ball of solder across two points. When you reassemble the unit, ensure that the ribbon connectors are central and fully pushed into the sockets. I'm sure you can recover your DMR E55 reasonably easily. Best wishes
Posted on Dec 25, 2008
hello check the glass fuse in the power supply inside the tv
Posted on Jan 19, 2010
Testimonial: "already found PC lead point on PC bd with apparent fuseholder bearing resistor(?)inaccessible without removing most internals.At front nr on/off. Help"
The microwave oven needs to be replaced, the magnetron is the most likely problem, there is also a high voltage transformer, capacitor, and diode that are potential issues. But by your description it sounds like more than one part is involved.
Posted on Feb 23, 2011
Testimonial: "Very quick reply."
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 16, 2017 | Jaguar Cars & Trucks
May 13, 2017 | Jaguar Cars & Trucks
Dec 16, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 23, 2013 | 1994 Jaguar XJ6
Jan 27, 2010 | 1995 Jaguar XJ6
Aug 26, 2009 | Car Audio & Video
Jul 17, 2009 | 1988 Jaguar Xj Series
Jun 17, 2009 | 1994 Jaguar XJ6
Feb 05, 2009 | 1998 Jaguar XK8
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!