The CD Changer will not eject any CDs. It gives an error message "MEC Error". The result is the same for both local and remote. I have also cycled the power to no effect. It does whirr for some time like the internal changing mechanism is doing its thing, but then it stops with the Error Message and no CD ejected or played.
You need to make sure that the CD mechanism is working correctly. If it is not working correctly, it will not eject or play any CDs.
When you power it on, it tries to load the CD and you will get a message "CD Mec Error"
This means, the CD got stuck inside , or the rubber bands is broken and you need to fix the CD mechanism.
I have a suggestion: You need to disassemble the CD mechanism and take off the CD which got stuck inside or change the rubber bands.
Musisz upewni? si?, ?e nap?d CD dzia?a poprawnie. Je?eli nie dzia?a poprawnie, nie wyjmuje ani nie odtwarza ?adnej p?yty CD.
Mam ten sam problem. Zmieniam tryb na CD, pokazuje CD 1-1, Ale nie odtwarza i nie wyjmuje p?yty.
Je?eli jest taki problem, to po uruchomieniu go z trybu gotowo?ci, pr?buje za?adowa? p?yt? CD,
a potem pokazuje "CD Mec Error"
Jak to si? dzieje, to znaczy ?e nap?d jest uszkodzony i ?e trzeba go wymieni?.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
You need to make sure that your cd mech is aligned correctly. if it is not alligned correctly, it will power up from standby, try to load the cd trays and you will get mech error message on the display. good luck with allignment.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If your 6-disc CD changer in the trunk of your 2002 Mercedes CLK430 was working fine yesterday, but is now displaying a "No CD Changer" message, there may be a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:
1. Check the connections: Make sure the CD changer is properly connected to the car's audio system. Check the connections for any loose or disconnected cables. Also, check the fuse for the CD changer in the car's fuse box.
2. Check for jammed CDs: It is possible that one of the CDs in the changer is jammed, which can cause the error message to appear. Try pressing the eject button to see if any CDs are stuck in the changer. If so, try gently removing them.
3. Check the CD format: Make sure the CDs you are trying to play are in a format that is compatible with the CD changer. The CD changer may not be able to play CDs that are scratched or in a non-standard format.
4. Try resetting the audio system: Try resetting the audio system by disconnecting the car battery for a few minutes. This may reset the CD changer and fix any software issues.
If none of these solutions work, there may be a hardware issue with the CD changer. It may need to be repaired or replaced. You can consult a mechanic or audio specialist for further assistance.
My first guess would be that the loading belt is slipping. This will prevent the cd from loading completely and thus won't read. The belt costs around $2-$3. Care must be taken when opening up this unit.
sounds like the tray inside was misaligned when the cd went in. and it probally sent the disc into a occupied slot. you will have to remove radio and disassemble to repair. also try just unpluging radio and plug back in. sometimes it resets the radio and will start ejecting the cds