A/C adaptor stopped working after a short brownout when the power came bacl on (I suppose it was a power surge).
I've tried to find a replacement and either I don't know the correct verbiage to do a google search (I've used Input 100-240 VAC 50-60 Hz 1.0 A Output +12VDC 4A) or they don't have this avaiable.
Can anyone help?
I need my Diet Mt. Dew at my desk again!!!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Possibly a bad battery or power adaptor. Try running with the battery out of the laptop. If that doesnt work try a new power adaptor. If after all that, it still doesnt work, it may be your mobo(motherboard). A power surge can easily destroy a mobo.
There is a short circuit on your motherboard. This is why the power
adapter switched off (thermal cutout) and resets after you remove the
adapter from the wall power outlet. You need a new motherboard.
try turning off main switch and unplug set then replug in wait 30 sec turn on main power and repeat then try if it works great if not power supply bad. i also suggest a ups universal power supply newer tvs sensitive to surges and brownouts also never turn tv off n on in short period of time will cause surge that trips protection circuit
Hello, I had the "short long short" blinking led problem with my 23" ACD after a power outage which left my screen blank and my cheek wet with a tear for my baby. I read somewhere that a guy was getting a 1 volt reading on the middle pin of his damaged 90 watt power block. I figured maybe the display might work if I could somehow block the middle pin. So I cut a small strip of paper wide enough to block just the middle pin and long enough to cover both sides, folded it to look like a "W" from the side. I then carefully pressed it into the brick receptacle with a toothpick leaving just a little slack so it would not tear when I pushed in the small white plug. It was a bit of a tight fit but guess what. IT WORKED! I am now enjoying my beloved monitor anew and saved $$$ on replacement brick or repair. If you want to try it and you feel you’ve nothing to lose, make sure you cover just the middle pin (both sides) and you may have to try a couple of times. It worked for me. I hope you have good luck too. Regards, Moozler
edit December 2016. Still working after 7 years.
***CAVEAT AND WARNING*** Use this fix at your own risk. A faulty voltage regulator is probably the cause of failure. Voltage regulators can start a fire if too much voltage is applied.
Bud Martin's post below describes the electronic component failure that causes this problem. Thank you Bud.
the adapter of the printer is got short and its towards it end.get it repaired to make the use of same adapter if you will keep the printer ON this adaptor will go completely dead due to getting heated.and will become total scrap and you will have to buy a new replacement adaptor worth $20 to make your printer work again.this is a very common problem in this printer of adapter getting short due to power surge,
It would appear that you need to replace the battery on this unit. You could get a new battery from a local battery specialty store like Batteries Plus or Interstate Battery, or online at www.replacementupsbattery.com. A new battery would be about $30. If you took your old battery there, they could recycle your old one, as well as match it up with the correct one you would need (HR9-12 battery). We have a 3 year warranty on all our battery back up units. If you have any questions, you could contact us here at CyberPower Systems Technical Support at 877-297-6937, M-F 8-5 Central, or email us at [email protected].