Question about Philips 50P8341 50" Rear Projection Television
Unplugged TV while on vacation, returned to TV that will not hold programming when off. It takes 45 seconds to move up one channel and audio is irratic. It doesn't respond to the Menu Select commands quickly, the clock won't set and the Statis/Exit button finally will exit the programming feature. It has done this before, but after reprogramming several times it righted itself. The unit is right at 5years old, this time it's been 3 months and it's not showing improvement. I have left it unplugged, I have reprogrammed, blown the dust out, tried entering an access code (that worked the last time it did this). You can enter it but once the set is turned off, it reverts to no codes, channels, it does hold the tuner selection sometimes, other times it reverts to the antenna default.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 09, 2015 | Televison & Video
5. Temperature Adjustment
Extended Hold (Vacation) Mode
1. Press the HOLD button to bypass the program schedule. The current set point temperature will be held either permanently or for 24 hours, depending on the setting selection made in section 4.
2. Press the HOLD button again to return the thermostat to the normal program operation.
3. The hold period will last until the hold is released as in step number 2 above, or is limited to 24 ours if the default was changed in the User Options Settings (see section 4).
4.Programming User Settings
Setting the Extended Hold Time (see also section 6)
The default setting is Long (indefinite) Hold. If the HOLD feature is activated, the current set point will be held until HOLD is released.
1. In normal operating mode, press and hold the RETURN button for 4 seconds. Press RETURN again to skip past differential setting. The display will show "HOLD LG", where LG is indefinite hold.
2. Press the or button to change the Extended Hold time from indefinite (LG) to 24 hours (SH).
3. Press the RETURN button again to set the Filter Check Monitor or wait 30 seconds for the thermostat to return to the normal mode.
6.Additional Operation Features
Resetting the Thermostat
The Reset feature allows the user to completely reset the thermostat to register new manual switch settings.
1. To erase all entered programs, current time of day, day of week and other user settings, gently press the RESET button using a paper clip or a small pencil tip.
2. This will return all thermostat settings to their default values and register all new manual switch settings for proper operation (incl. Extended Hold = Indefinite).
Dec 28, 2014 | Proselect PSTS21P52 Programmable 2 Stage...
Jun 25, 2014 | RCA 46 46LA45RQ LCD TV
press and hold the POWER button
on the TV control panel for 5 or more seconds to reset the TV.
Then connect the TV tt any source like outdoor areiel or cable box etc, select the appropriate input, and retune the TV. First of all, connect it to an external antenna, and set it to autotune.
• You must configure the ANT/CABLE input source before
programming channels (-left-hand column).
• If the ANT/CABLE input signal type is set to Cable, the
automatic channel programming process erases channels
that were previously programmed into the TV's memory.
• If the ANT/CABLE input signal type is set to Antenna, the
automatic channel programming process adds newly found
channels to the existing set of programmed channels (and
does NOT erase channels that were previously
programmed into the TV's memory.) To remove an Antenna
source channel from the memory, you must manually delete
• To tune the TV to a channel not programmed in the channel
memory, you must use the Channel Number buttons on the
• Programming channels when the ANT/CABLE input is
configured for Cable will take substantially longer than when
the antenna input is configured for Antenna. This is normal;
however, once channel programming is finished, you should
not have to repeat the programming process again unless
your Cable TV service lineup changes significantly.
Find out the received channels are clear or not. If they are clear, your TV is perfect, and the input device you connects ot the TV is faulty. OK.
Feb 16, 2011 | Toshiba REGZA 42 in. Flat-Panel LCD HDTV
Oct 17, 2010 | Panasonic CT-27D12D 27" TV
Oct 15, 2010 | Allegro DVD/VCR ABV511
Jun 28, 2009 | Dell W4200 42 in. HD-Ready Plasma...
Jun 17, 2009 | RCA Universal Remote Control
Mar 20, 2009 | Zenith Z32X31D 32" TV
70 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!