Kenmore 96342 / 96344 / 96349 Electric Kitchen Range Logo

Question about Kenmore 96342 / 96344 / 96349 Electric Kitchen Range

1 Answer

Error code E2F3

My oven became very hot- burned my food. It took a long time to cool down. the coils stayed on even when the oven shut off. I called sears and they said a repair man has to come and I should not use the oven until then. what does the error code mean? What if I use it?

Posted by Traci Goldsborough on

  • 1 more comment 
  • Traci Goldsborough Oct 22, 2006

    What does "ohm out at 1080 at room temperature" mean? I m sorry that I don't know all the lingo :)

  • Traci Goldsborough Oct 24, 2006

    I m sorry but I did not give you a poor rating. I am VERY thankful for the info you sent me. I did call a repair man and he's coming Wed. I just wanted to know more background before he came and took advantage of a clueless person.
    Thank you for all your help and I apologize if you have a poor rating

  • Anonymous Mar 26, 2014

    Oven beeps as it gets then shuts off. Get F1E3 error.

×

Ad

1 Answer

Anonymous

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 878 Answers

Traci, The error code means overtemperature, just what happened to you. It exceeded 575 degrees. Two things that have to be checked here. First the temp sensor itself, it should ohm out at 1080 at room temperature. If it's within specs, which I doubt, then the main board has to be checked for a welded or closed relay. I wouldn't use the oven. Catriver...post back.

Posted on Oct 22, 2006

  • Anonymous Oct 22, 2006

    Thanks for the poor rating, told you exactly what the code meant as you asked, told you what needs to be checked. If you don't understand how to use a meter, better get a repairman. Catriver.

×

Ad

Add Your Answer

×

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

0helpful
1answer

Why does it get to hot and shuts down before end of timer and no ding, food stays cold

Check if the cooling fan is operating. If it is, either the thermal switch is bad (unlikely) or the magnetron is defective and overheating.
1helpful
1answer

Whirlpool oven code E2F3, and oven never gets up to the correct temp.

The thermostat in the oven itself needs replacing. Unfortunately, you'll probably need to get a professional in to do this job.
0helpful
1answer

Whilst cooking strong smell of plasic & cabinet became too hot to

May be a shorted metal stirrer fan bearing located within the wave guide that feeds microwaves into the cooking area. If the oven is run without a proper load (water, or food), the voltage of the microwaves increase considerably causing things to arc-over inside the wave guide. You usually can't see the stirrer bearing short as it occurs internally.
0helpful
6answers

Blower remains on when oven is turned off

yes it is normal i have one and it has been doing that sine i brought it i took it a part and there is nout wrong with it so yer its fine
0helpful
1answer

Maytag Gemini electric oven

Well my friend these type ovens have eyes and sensers. It could be that you left something on the sensor when you were cleaning it. That is if it is not self cleaning. Self cleaning gets real hot and could affect your appliance in some way. It shouldn't but it might.
Not finding what you are looking for?

182 views

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kenmore Kitchen Ranges Experts

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6446 Answers

Oloyede Monsuru

Level 3 Expert

1468 Answers

Paul Carew

Level 3 Expert

3721 Answers

Are you a Kenmore Kitchen Range Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...