- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Could be several reasons:
- Selected the "Night cycle" program (means standing with the drum full of water, reason: too much noise in the spin cycle)
- Set to the "Rinse hold" (means standing with the drum full of water, reason: wrinkles on the clothes)
According to your description I think that this is not a failure otherwise error E20 will be appears on display.
Once the washing programme has come to an end, END illuminates on the programme progress display.
If RINSE HOLD was selected, the display beside the START/ PAUSE button flashes. 1. After a rinse hold, the water must first be pumped out:
- Either press the START/PAUSE button (the water is pumped out and the washing is spun according to the completed programme;
After the START/PAUSE button is pressed again, the spin speed can still also be changed during spinning), or
- Turn the programme selector to PUMP OUT and press the START/PAUSE button (the water is pumped out without spinning),or
- Turn the programme selector to SPIN or SHORT SPIN and press theSTART/PAUSE button (the water is pumped out and the washing is spun or gently spun).
At the end of this programme step, the END indicator will illuminate. 2. Open the door.
As soon as the DOOR indicator lights up green, the door can be opened.
Hi just read your posting.Now the 1st rinse cycle is always a spray rinse when the machine is set at the factory.If you follow these instructions then the 1st rinse will be a short spin only,with no water usage.1---Select the OPTION ADJUSTMENT MODE by pressing and holding the START/PAUSE button, then pressing the power button.Then release both after about 2 seconds. 2---Press either SPIN SPEED button to turn on the SLOW light,which is the spin only mode on the 1st rinse. 3---Once the SLOW button is lit push the POWER button to return the machine to normal mode again.Hope this helps and please reply back to let me know how you got on.We are on tank water too but thankfully we have a good bore.Looking forward to your reply and good luck.
button selection : To select an option press the button and you will see a light come on above the button. Press again to cancel and the light will go out. You cannot alter the options once the machine is running. Note : remember to cancel buttons after use!
As you look at the machine
Left hand button... Rinse Hold.. use this option to Help reduce creasing of delicate or synthetic fabrics by holding clothes in the final rinse water. The rinse hold light will flash to indicate that the programme is holding final rinse water. Complete the final spin by pressing the Rinse Hold button when light is flashing.
This is not available with Wool or Spin only programmes.
Middle Button.... Energy Save... use this option to save money and time on lightly soiled loads. This is not available with the Quick Wash, Rinse and Spin, or Spin Only programmes.
Right Hand Button .... Super Rinse... use this option for Large Wash loads and items for young children or people with sensitive skin. This option increases the water level for the first two rinses. This is not available with Cold Wash, Rinse and Spin or Spin Only programmes.
Copied from my Hotpoint FEW12 user instruction sheet.
Hope it helps.