Question about Philips 55PW9363 55" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready Television
Hi, Is there any way to set the Philips back to factory default settings for geometry? Reason for asking is that I fixed overscan but now on the left side of the screen the convergence is messed up. the red doesnt line up. it is at a diagnol to the other crosshair. this is only the case on the left side of the tv, extreme left. thanks
Yes,there is almost always a way! you will need the CD ROM literature for your model--it will list the normal range of settings. My reserved question is what caused the overscan and why did you decide to go in the servicer menu to "fix" the problem???? You may have some convergence issue,also.
Posted on Sep 26, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 27, 2012 | Philips 60PW9363 60" Rear Projection...
1. To enter the Service Alignment Mode (SAM), press the following key sequence on the remote control transmitter: 0-6-2-5-9-6-Status.
2. From the top level SAM menu, use the Menu Up/Down keys to highlight the Geometry sub menu.
3. Use the Menu Left/Right keys to enter the Geometry sub menu.
4. In the Geometry sub-menu, use the Menu Up/Down buttons to select VAM.
5. Using the Menu Left/Right keys, adjust VSH so that the horizontal bar is properly centered, top to bottom.
6. Using the cursor up/down keys, select VAM from the Geometry sub-menu, and use the Menu Right key to
increase the value to obtain a slight overscan.
7. If other Geometry adjustments are needed, proceed to the necessary adjustment using the Menu Up/Down
8. Upon completion of Geometry adjustments, press the Menu button to return to the top level SAM menu.
9. To exit the Service Alignment Mode, turn the set off with the Power button on the remote control.
Oct 30, 2007 | Philips 19PR19 19" TV
Nov 11, 2011 | Philips 220CW8FB 22" LCD Monitor
Jan 11, 2011 | Philips Televison & Video
Oct 24, 2009 | Mitsubishi Televison & Video
Dec 07, 2008 | Philips 32PF9966 32 in. HD-Ready LCD...
May 11, 2008 | Mitsubishi WS-55315 55" Rear Projection...
Oct 03, 2006 | Philips 55PW9363 55" Rear Projection...
Nov 17, 2014 | Philips 55PW9363 55" Rear Projection...
Oct 13, 2014 | Philips 55PW9363 55" Rear Projection...
166 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!