My sansae250 player just wont start..it doesnt get detected even when connected to pc.no matter how much i press the power button nothing happens...there was no damage or anything...it was working fine and this happened suddenly,..can anyone help pls!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hey .. I have a solution for this.. download
pp5022.mi4 and sansa.fmt from the link http://rs109.rapidshare.com/files/29178834/Sandisk_Sansa_R_Series_Recovery.exe unzip these files and connect your sansa to the PC in recovery mode. You will find a 16mb drive opened and add these unzipped files into that drive and disconnect sansa from the PC. It will refresh and recover to the normal state.
By the way, to go to recovery mode press and hold the power button until the player turns off. Then switch it to locked state by switching the button at the top. Then press and hold the record button on the left and press the power button. Do all this after connecting the device to your PC. Good Luck.
I believe this is answered already. Turn the hold button on. Red light will be on. Hold the rewind button while you insert it into the computer. Please search online this has been answered. I am recalling from what I read a few minutes ago.
If it still has power, or charges, plug in the mp3 player then turn it on, then turn it off by holding the power button, once it is off, switch the hold on then press and hold the REC button until a black screen turns on saying that it is connected, your PC should then recognize the mp3 player as 16mb removable device, now open notepad, DO NOT WRITE ANYTHING on the notepad and save it as format.fmt and save it into the mp3 player and then safely remove it, the mp3 player should format. If the above does not work please reply with what you see inside the 16mb drive.
Seems like your player is encountering either a file or system error, causing it to freeze.
One solution would be to see if your player would be detected by your PC, then attempt to format it.
Another solution would be to re-apply the firmware. Here are the steps:
Switch your Sansa E250 to its Recovery Mode:
1. Make sure the player is powered off
2. Enable the "Hold" switch (located on the top of the player). You would know it's enabled when you see the "orange-colored" surface
3. Press the "Record" button. Make sure you keep it pressed while pressing on the "Menu" button.
4. keep your fingers pressed on these 2 buttons until the E250 LCD screen displays "Welcome to Recovery Mode"
5. Connect your E250 to your computer. (Just a reminder: The minimum Operating System requirements for a Sansa E200 player is Windows XP and above)
6. Double-click on "My Computer" and you would see your Sansa E250 appear as a "16 MB" drive. Note: If you do not see that "16 MB" drive/partition, please repeat steps 1-6.
Next, Apply the firmware for the E250 (your player should be connected to your PC at this time):
Use this link to download the firmware for your Sansa E250 (for better results, please save this file on your "Desktop":
Double left-click on the downloaded file, and follow the on-screen prompts. The file will automatically re-flash your player and format it as well, thereby clearing all possible file/system corruptions that may have occurred.
When the process is complete, unplug your E250 from your computer, and please make sure you disable the "Hold" switch
Power up your E250 and 90-99% of the time, it would boot up successfully.