Question about AudioBahn A8002T Car Audio Amplifier

1 Answer

No sound i feel like my problem is the set screws on my amp,they were stripped out ,so i tapped them out and replaced them with a slight bit larger set screwand it doesnt seem to be getting a good contact although it is screwed all the way down and is seems as though may be its not making good contact with the board on the can i repair this?

Posted by MART BANKS on


1 Answer


  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 4 Answers

Try soldering your wier end

Posted on Sep 05, 2009


Add Your Answer


Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I'm trying to find out what size bolts are needed to fasten down the reservoir

Look at the bolt holes, are they tapped/have threads? If so, you could get a tap and die set, find the proper size tap to chase the threads. You might be able to use slightly larger tap and rethread the hole. The tap usually has the size and thread stamped on it. If that is a self tapping screw that holds it, You could get a self tapping screw slightly bigger than the hole and screw it in.
Of course I can see anything from here. Your talking about coolant reservoir?

Mar 11, 2018 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

My right crank where the pedal screw into is stripped where can I get the part and how do I replace it

take your old screw to a hardware store & get the next size larger self tapping screw, go home & screw it in.

Oct 10, 2014 | Cycling

1 Answer

Law mower screw stripped and blade can't be removed

this can be a real pain in the rear to deal with...are you sure you want all the drama?...find a way to bind the blade so that it won't rotate at get a pair of vice grips on that nut and try to loosen it......if the threads itself on the threads are stripped as you described, then you'll have to drill out the screw....meaning you'll have to find dead center and mark it with a heavy duty punch, then use a cobalt drill....1/8th inch to start with, then get a slightly larger some point you should be able to chisel the head off the bolt and remove the you'll have to easy-out the stripped screw from there......once the stripped screw is'll have to determine whether there is enuf material left to drill and tap to a larger diameter bolt/screw.OPTION may be able to get a puller from the auto parts store.....but you could ruin the threads even worse than the condition they're in now.OPTION 3....get a good grip on the bolt head with vice grips, then get a buddy to tap a cold chisel horizontally between the bolt head and the blade, tapping easy while you pull up counter clockwise on the vise grips and see if the bolt screw head starts to back out at all.....if you may no progressOPTION 4.....if you have the room to do it...hacksaw the head of the bolt off, remove blade, now try to remove the screw with an easy-outand drilling good luck with this one.
please post back what you tried and results

Apr 27, 2012 | Garden

1 Answer

Chain slips on front cogs - half a turn on larger cog followed by half a turn on smaller cog - therefore unridable. The front cogs are warped ,moving left & right when being turned. I have got full...

I have straightened a large cog with a big screw driver, putting it through the outer part and levering against the inside. The metal of the cog bends quite easily and you need to work carefully, checking and correcting from the appropriate side as you go along. Your friends can stand and marvel at your brilliance, you don't need their help.

Mar 27, 2011 | Cycling

1 Answer

The bolt that holds the tensioner on is stripped out. What do i do?

Hi, if it's just the bolt, replace it. If it's the bolt hole, it will have to be drilled and tapped for a larger size bolt. Select a slightly larger (thicker) bolt and get/borrow a tap and drill for that bolt. If you haven't used a tap before, have it done by someone that has experience. If you aren't good with a tap, you can get yourself into a lot of trouble by breaking the tap off in the hole. I've been there and it isn't habit-forming. Please let me know if you have questions, and thanks for using FixYa.

Mar 07, 2011 | 1999 Pontiac Montana

1 Answer

The spark plug in my Husqvarna 326L wobbles and causes the engine to stop because the threads are stripped where it is screwed in.

there is a thing called a helicoil that can fix this issue, they are sold at auto stores. the hole is drilled slightly larger and thread tapped and the helicoil is like a wire tube you thread in and leave and the plug screws inside of it. this is hole they fix bad spark plugs on cars. bring spark plug with you to store and they can match it up for size.

Apr 23, 2010 | Garden

1 Answer

Can we repair the worn out v-threads ?Is it possible to repair the partly damaged v-threds on mild steel ? How the thred damage can be avoided ?

Threads on the bolt are not a problem because you can replace it easily with a ne one. Stripped threads on the bolt hole are another story. You can try helicoils but the best solution is to redrill the hole and buy a tap which it a threaded tool which you slowly screw in and out of the hole going deeper bit by bit until it has cut a new thread. You will now need a larger diameter bolt. This is aesy if the hole is easily accessible and if there is enough metal around the hole to make it slightly larger. This would be a job that a small engineering works could do and it shouldn't cost a lot. You could probably even wait for it to be done. Threads strip if they are tightened too much, or if you are trying to use a bolt with the wrong thread or if you cross thread the bolt. Also some poorly finished castings have a lot of play in the threads which can cause them to strip easily.


Mar 04, 2010 | 2007 Avanti Convertible

1 Answer

I have a 2004 Mazda Tribute and was told that possibly on the next oil change I may need a new oil pan because the current plug is stripping out the threads on the pan. Since it is aluminum, there is no...

Someone is trying to rip you off. If the drain plug is stripped, it can be replaced with a slightly larger plug simply by using a "tap" to re-thread the hole, and then put in a larger plug.

Jun 11, 2009 | 2004 Mazda Tribute

1 Answer

Side inlets of pool heater are stripped, how do I replace the inlets where the bolts go?

The simplest solution is to tap the hole up to the next size bolt. You'll need a small tap & die set, a drill, and the drill bit recommended for that size bolt -- it'll be stamped on the tap.

To accommodate the larger bolt you may have to drill out the holes through which the new bolts are installed -- maybe not.

May 27, 2009 | Teledyne Laars Laars Lite 2 Pool Heater...

Not finding what you are looking for?
AudioBahn A8002T Car Audio Amplifier Logo

Related Topics:


Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top AudioBahn Car Audio & Video Experts

xxxxxx xxx

Level 3 Expert

5023 Answers

ADMIN Canada
ADMIN Canada

Level 3 Expert

38031 Answers

Trippy Tripp

Level 2 Expert

197 Answers

Are you an AudioBahn Car Audio and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides