Question about MSI 925XE Neo Platinum-54g Motherboard
Hi, On building my very first PC, I have done the drastic mistake of screwing it down to the case without the lower washers/nuts (so the motherboard was touching the metal of the case)then plugged it in. I have now refitted the motherboard properly and the computer seems like it is doing everything it should on inside i.e. Fans are going round on case,motherboard (cpu unit) and also on the radeon 1600x 512mb graphic card but i cannot get any sign of life on the monitor. Have i ruined something? please Help. PS Everything is new inside the PC but all was connected when the mistake happened and the monitor works on an other PC.
A couple things: Is the BIOS giving you an error beeps? Also, does the motherboard have Integrated graphics? Sometimes if the Integrated graphics are enabled, it can cause the graphics card to not display at all. You also might want to check that the CPU doesn't have too little or *more likely* too much thermal compound on it. If the thermal compound is on the bridges of the CPU, this can cause the machine to start, but not boot to the BIOS.
Posted on Oct 09, 2006
Tips for a great answer:
1. Remove power and unplug all devices hooked to computer.
2. Open case.
3. Write down the location and orientation of all wires connecting to old motherboard.
4. Disconnect all wires from the case that are plugged into old motherboard.
5. Uncrew the screws holding the motherboard in the case.
6. Carefully remove old motherboard.
7. Install new motherboard and secure it to the case (probably using the same screws as the old MB)
8. Refer to diagram you made earlier to plug in all the wires to the proper places in the new motherboard.
9. Check and make sure the new motherboard works before closing the case.
10. If everything is working correctly, close up the case and you are done.
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: