HP Officejet J5750 can't scan,fax from PC and no HP devices detected error
This issue is common with every HP scanning software used with Windows OS which have a firewall running.
If you would try the following:
- check the task bar if HP digital imaging monitor is up and running
- if not, go to C:\program files\hp\digital imaging\bin and double click the file HPQTRA08.EXE
- now the monitor should run
- if not, pls reinstall the software (*)
- if yes, pls try to open HP solution center
- if solution center starts, pls try to scan or to fax
- if successful, no other steps are required
- if faxing is not successful, check in the printer folder, if you find a HP <device name> series fax entry
- if you cannot find it, unplug the printer and delete the entries in both the printer folder and scanner folder
- also run the software CD and start the uninstall_l1.bat and uninstall_l2.bat in the util\CCC on the CD (if 64 bit OS, the run the 64 bit versions)
- restart the PC with the loaded CD
- replug the printer and let it be reinstalled
(*) For a clean reinstall it is recommended to contact HP support. They know the best way to leave a clean system on the PC.
Hope it helps.