The 49e has been a real pain--especially if you have previously used another M-audio controller on the same machine. I just spent 3 hours to get mine working on XP (with a Creative sound card). In summary--for my machine--Windows XP kept putting the old WDM driver back (vintage 2001), even though I installed the M-Audio. I had to finally use the 'Add New Hardware Wizard' and force it to install the non-certified M-Audio drivers that were supposedly installed when running the M-Audio installer. (Skip internet search, and browse to M-Audio folder in Program files, it will eventually find them.) There are two M-Audio USB drivers that need to be 'forced' via New Hardware Wizard. But Windows thinks its drivers are a better match and even though 'device is working properly' it doesn't get recognized in your software. After I go rid of the WDM drivers and replaced them with the 2 USB ones from M-Audio, my DAW finally recognized the keyboard. I even went through regedit to clean up all the M-Audio stuff so I could get a fresh install. I don't know if this makes enough sense, but good luck.
Soltion is to download the software for Micro USB from M-Audio website and connect the USB of the Micro USB to your computer with headphones and mic connected to it and connect the USB cable from the M-Audio KeyStudio keyboard to the computer and the Pro Tools M-Powered Essential software will work.
Just what the message means- USB devices should draw only 200ma or so. My guess is that the M-Audio device has a shorted capacitor inside and that causes high current draw. It needs to be serviced or replaced.
Usually answered in minutes!