Question about Toshiba Satellite C655-S5068 Notebook
Posted by Anonymous on
If you don't have the experience on disassembly the Toshiba Satellite c650 c655 laptop, we suggest you refer to the official maintenance manual firstly if you have. Here we provide a universal instruction for the reference, some steps may be not the same. If you need a detailed guide or manual, please contact us, we will email you if we have.
1. Please turn off your Toshiba Satellite c650 c655 laptop, disconnect the power adapter and remove the toshiba satellite c650 c655 battery.
2. Turn the laptop over. Remove the screws (may not exist) that hold the Toshiba Satellite c650 c655 hinges on the back of the computer.
3. Remove all the screws (may not exist) that hold the keyboard and keyboard bezel in place, then gently pry keyboard bezel using a flat head screwdriver. Lift the keyboard and unplug the keyboard cable from the motherboard to remove the keyboard. Now, you will see the toshiba c650 c655 laptop fan
4. Detach both hinge covers using your fingers. Unscrew the screws securing the Toshiba Satellite c650 c655 hinges to the laptop base.
5. Locate the screws on the LCD, pry the rubber screw seals using a flat-head screwdriver. Unscrew the screws attached under the seals. Remove the screen bezel.
6. Remove the screws securing the hinges d to the Toshiba Satellite c650 c655 LCD.
7. Now, you can remove the old Toshiba Satellite c650 c655 Hinges by sliding them out. Insert the new hinges in their correct place. Reverse the above procedure to assemble the laptop.
Posted on May 22, 2013
SOURCE: Replacement of Hinges for screen
I have developed a TOSHIBA BRAKE HINGE revision set. It is applicable for Toshiba hinge partnumbers:
See www.impactcomputers.com for models
You need to disassemble your notebook yourself.
For detailed information mail me: [email protected]
Posted on Apr 07, 2008
Don't try to have it welded, it won't ever be right again! Your best bet on a hinge is Ebay or a computer shop in the area that sells used laptops. Don't let them sell you one if they don't have one in stock,chances are they are going to get it off Ebay and mark it up 40% just for you. This link should provide the info you need for disassembling your machine.
Posted on Jun 20, 2008
SOURCE: loose screen hinges
You can't. They're worn out and the way they're manufactured doesn't allow for a easy tightening unfortunately. I would pick up a new / used pair from ebay and then just swap them out.
Posted on Feb 20, 2009
Im sure you can get them but be very carful because thats where the leads join to the screen to give you pictur. To be honest I would bring it to a repair center and that if there is a problem you have come back...
Posted on Nov 17, 2009
Testimonial: "Its all a matter of if its do-able at a cheap enough cost or not to DIY without mucking things up. Quoted £20 to take the case off just to see. Thanks"
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 16, 2015 | Toshiba Replacement Keyboard
Jan 30, 2013 | Toshiba Satellite A135 Notebook
Nov 03, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Dec 16, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite Computers & Internet
Mar 01, 2011 | Toshiba (P000257700) Microphone
Feb 16, 2011 | Toshiba (P000257700) Microphone
Nov 06, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite A105-S4004 Notebook
2,514 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: