TV was working fine ,then turned off.2 months old.Tried unplugging adn letting unit sit to no avail.Checked power strip and it is ok.Can hear a faint chirping sound from back of tv ,sounds like is coming from the vents.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
Re: philips tv quit in mid show
Since the TV is only 2 months pld, it must be covered under Warranty. Just take it to the Service Centre and get it fixed.
Froim your description it seems that the Horizontal Oscillator or Output section has a short circuit.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I think some of the capacitors at Tv power supply are faulty. By doing what Philips suggested, you actualy try to discharge capacitors. This trick could work, if capacitors would be fine. Your tv needs to be checked by service.
Great link Ekse.
Keep in mind that those parts are pulled from TV and their life expectancy might be short as well.
I've fixed hundress of power supplies with the same failures, about 80% failed due to defective capacitors the other 20% is due to other components in the power supply circuitry.
did the voltage selector on the back of the unit possibly get moved to wrong setting? You could also try switching it back & forth a few times (unplugged first of course) to see if maybe the switch needs "cleaning"
The standby power supply resistors on the inverter board have changed values. You will replace resistors R1217, (820K 1/4 watt), R1218,(820K 1/4 watt) and R1219 (390K 1/4 watt). Please use the values just mentioned. Or you may have the inverter board replaced. Take this note to a TV repair Tech.Thanks for asking and show a few hands of support!
This is a plasma unit and philips plasma's are nortorious for bad power supplys, your problem may very well be the power suppy in the television, it is possible you blew a low B+ fuse on the power supply. There is also a issue with the Y-sustain board failing in this model, If you open the back and looking at the unit from the rear the y board is on the left side of the unit and the PS is in the center. disconnect the Y-sustain power plug from the power supply and turn on the unit if the unit stays on with no red light then the y board is bad. it does the same then replace the Power Supply.
I have few options for you to get the video back on HDMI:
1. Try out changing the video resolution on HDMI set up (select 480p..1080p).
2. Play NTSC disc (to get the 60Hz out from Player). If your are in US.
3. Select the TV system as AUTO/NTSC to get the 60Hz out only on HDMI.
4. if the Deep Color option is available in HDMI set up menu..set it to OFF.
Let me know if you tried all these and still no output.
I had this exact same problem. After a week or so it started responding to the remote control again. Then after a couple of days it stopped responding. This problem came and went for about a month, then one day the entire TV went dead. When I powered it on, the green light appeared for 2 seconds followed by a sequence of 6 flashing red lights that repeated. I brought my set in to a repair shop and they replaced the power supply board. That fixed the problem and now the TV powers up and responds to the remote control again. Total charge was $250. That was very disappointing for a $1,500 TV that was only 18 months old. I'm going to let Philips know how disappointed I am in their product!
The unit should be under warranty. What you're describing is not normal and I would attempt to get a replacement from the place of purchase or take the unit to an authorized repair center. Below is the Philips support page for your unit. You can check warranty status as well as request repair.