Hi, My mp3 player stopped readinf formats all of a sudden, it's not because the actual format is wrong, I'm using the same mp3s I always have, it does it with anything. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Is it done for?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
hi have you istalled the correct software that came with it. if you have then it could be that the tracks you have put on it are in wrong format. you can change the format by using search engine and type in change format you need to change them to mp3 also delete whats on their and start again if you use something like limewire you can get tunes for free and after downloading them store them in file then you can drag and drop them onto your mp3
I had the same problem and struggled with it for some time. I forgot the format feature on the device itself and kept formatting from my pc. This won't work.
1. Unhook your device from the pc by pulling out the USB cable.
2. Click the "Menu" button 1 time (found on the back of your NW-E105 player).
- This will show "Display"
3. Click the " |<< " button 3 times (the button to rewind track).
- This will show "Format"
4. Click the Play/Stop button 1 time.
- This will show "Format: N"
5. Click the " |<< " button again 1 time.
- This will show "Format: Y>
6. Click the Play/Stop button 1 time (wait for "really?" prompt), click it again.
Now your device is formatted and will play the files you add to it.
I hade just that prob. "format error" used to display. I did this:
1. dwl sonicStage (free)
2.- in the walkman went to menu/initialize/format
then displayed a confirmation screen, I confirmed
it displayed "formating...... COMPLETE"
3.- THEN plugged into the PC and transfered songs with Sonic
and it worked!
actaully i bought ipod one month past........by mistake i formated my sony walkman NW-E005 512 MB MP3 Player now i get
format error and if i copy songs then message show no data what can i
do please help me to resolve my problem Thanks
If "format error" is flashing, the format of the file system is wrong - it needs to be reinstated as Atrac3 file format. I'm guessing you formatted it using the option on your computer. I've had this problem with my Sony NW-E105, and fixed it. Turn on the player, and press your menu button. Scroll over until the option displays "format", and then select that.