- Connect the output of the Yamaha MW12CX mixer to the input of the Stagepas 500 using a standard 1/4" instrument cable or an XLR cable. Connect the output of the mixer to the "LINE IN" or "MIC/LINE IN" jacks of the Stagepas 500, depending on what type of output signal you're sending from the mixer.
- Set the levels on the mixer and the Stagepas 500. Turn down the master volume on the Stagepas 500 and set the individual channel levels to zero. On the Yamaha MW12CX mixer, set the faders for channels 1 and 2 to the unity gain position (usually around 0 dB).
- Set the input mode on the Stagepas 500 to "LINE" or "MIC/LINE" for channels 1 and 2. This will ensure that the Stagepas 500 is receiving the correct input signal.
- Adjust the levels on the mixer and the Stagepas 500. Slowly turn up the volume on the Stagepas 500 while monitoring the levels on the mixer. Make sure the levels are not too high and that there is no clipping or distortion.
- Once you have the levels set correctly, you should be able to hear the sound coming through the Stagepas 500. Adjust the EQ and other settings on the Yamaha MW12CX mixer as needed to get the sound you want.
Note: The Yamaha Stagepas 500 has two more channels available, channels 3 and 4, which can also be used for additional inputs from the Yamaha MW12CX mixer or other sources.