An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Local home centers and appliance parts stores (and online suppliers) sell appliance touch-up paint. It's designed for higher temperatures. You can usually get it in spray cans or small bottles.
But if you have some regular enamel paint (spray-on on brush-on), I've found it works fine on a small area if the area is not subject to high temperatures.
First you need to lightly sand away any rust or debris. Then be sure the area is clean & dry so the paint will stick.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There comes a point in the life of every microwave with a painted interior where the paint under the plate begins to fail, after all who bothers to remove the plate and clean away condensation after every use...
In particular the track where the little wheels run suffers first as the paint is worn through, moisture attacks the edges and corrosion begins - once wear has made a gap the moisture will crawl along the metal and push the paint away.
It looks unsightly and uncared for and the turntable doesn't run as smoothly but I have yet to encounter a microwave, or a popinping as the Welsh say, that has been in the least bothered by the problem.
I wouldn't recommend painting it. The inside of the microwave is a box that allows microwaves to bounce around off those walls. If you paint the inside of your box you could have a serious fire hazard. I would send and e-mail to GE and see if they recommend anything that is microwave safe.
Yes it is safe to use. The microwaves are about the diameter of a pencil, so it takes a pretty big gap to create problems. The chip can be repaired using a fine sandpaper (wet/dry type) and then painting with a microwave touch up paint available at any appliance repair shop. The paint is pricey, so don't be surprised, but it is made just for microwaves.
As long as the microwave oven is working to heat or cook according to the program set , the micro wave can be used safely. Now if there is any chipping of the paint within the oven chamber, then you can re-coat the inside with non conducting ceramic paint.
However if there is no issue if there is no damage to the inside or to the working of the microwave as you can use the oven till it fails to heat.
Moisture accumulation can sometimes be caused if the cooling fan is not running properly or if the vents in the back are blocked or there is not enough free space around the sides and back of the microwave.
One thing that helps is to keep the door open a few minutes after using it and to wipe down the inside after use.
If the cavity metal of the oven is chipped or charred, it will have to be sanded smooth and clean and dried thoroughly.
Then you can apply some high-temperature appliance paint, available from places like Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Builder's Square.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
You need to thoroughly clean it, then sand it smooth to removew all the loose paint.
Once it's squeaky clean and dry, you can apply high-temperature appliance paint, which is available in brush-on or spray-on form at big box stores like Wal-Mart, home improvement centers like Lowe's and appliance parts stores.