I bought my MP3 player a couple of months ago and I've been very pleased with it. I allowed the battery to get very low, but have sinced re-charged it, but it won't work. When I plug it into the computer using the USB, it shows the battery as being full, but when I disconnect it, it won't turn on. I've tried re-setting it, can anybody please help?
Many thanks in advance.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try formatting the device again using its built-in formatting features.
(WARNING: There is no way you can retrieve your data. Since it has already been formatted, it's assumed that you have backup.)
In your Sony NW-E405 MP3 Player:
1. Press and hold the SEARCH/ MENU button
2. Go to ADVANCED MENU (press the Play/ Stop button)
3. Select FORMAT (press Play/ Stop button)
4. From the opt "Format OK?" select OK (press the Play/ Stop button)
5. Once finished, you can Cancel out.
After these steps, your device should screen out "No Data." From there, you can re-transfer your files.