I am from india, I am trying to replace my bsnl huwaei modem with Siemens Gigaset SE587 4 port wireless router (uk version), i have tried all the settings for BSNL broadband except that i am unable to configure DNS settings.
As some of you know that BSNL do not have domain name with the user id as opposed to UK ISPs where the user id are nothing but email address.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: Configure gigaset SE587 for BSNL broadband
If this is router is gifted to you by a friend of yours who is from UK, Please check if this is locked. Most of the times these would be locked by the ISP. This is a router provide by tiscali UK. Please select the dialing number to 0,38 this is the dialing code for india.
If you use this should work and use 192.168.1.1 as default DNS.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Some people find configuring Nokia Siemens Residential Router 1600 with BSNL is a little difficult. So I would like to present a tutorial to setup Internet connection with BSNL using Nokia Siemens Residential Router 1600. Just like other BSNL modem/ router models, we do not need any setup disc to configure Nokia Siemens Residential Router 1600. All we need is to follow some simple steps and adding some values. We can also setup wireless and wireless security from the web based setup page Configure Nokia Siemens Residential Router 1600 In order to configure Nokia Siemens Residential Router 1600 with BSNL follow the steps below.
1. Connect Nokia Siemens Residential Router 1600 to computer using Ethernet cable
2. Power on Nokia Siemens Residential Router 1600
3. Type 192.168.1.1 on address bar of Internet Explorer and press enter
USER Name: admin Password : admin
Now you can access the web based setup page of Nokia Siemens Residential Router 1600.
1. Connect your modem with bsnl line. 2. Connect modem to your computer/laptop using LAN wire 3. Power ON your modem 4. Open Internet explorer 5. Type 192.168.254.254 in address bar and click on enter button 6. enter user name as admin and password also as admin. If it not accepts, then reset your router by pressing reset button available in the bottom in hole. Press for 30 seconds 7. after log-in click on ISP Connections. 8. Click on advanced settings 9. Click on Configure the ATM Virtual Circuit 10. Delete the existing entries 11. Click on Add a new VC 12. Enter VPI=0 to VCI=35 13. Select protocol as PPPoE 14. Select the PPPoE Configuration as 'with PPPoE Bridge' 15. Click next button utill page comes for user name password, enter your login details 16. Click on Finish button 17. Reboot router. That's it, You are done
i have a little problem with my siemens gigaset SE568, here all led lights are glowing except the internet, i checked my net connection with another modem and the result was positive but what is the problem here i can't figure out,please help me,rahat