Sorry, it had been my mistake, did not realise your model does not have ethernet port at the back.
On D-Link printer servers that do not have cable connections it requires a couple more operations, you must do the following to connect safely to the server and open configuration:
- On the rear panel of the DP-311P you fiind a switch to set server to Config mode. Set the switch to
- Now go to the computer that is connecting wirelessly to the D-Link, go to wireless adapter properties, for example using control panel, and set the adapter to Ad-Hoc mode.
- Change manually the wireless adapter IP Address so that it is in the same IP Address range
- as the DP-311P, set the wireless adapter to a static IP address comprised within 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.255 excluding 220.127.116.11.
- Always in wireless adapter settings >> IP configuration, set subnet mask to 255.255.255.0.
- Ensure you click OK, or Apply in network settings Window, and restart the computer to apply new network settings.
- Open Internet Explorer and type the IP Address of your wireless print server in the address bar. The default IP Address is 192.168.0.10.
You also find procedure explained at page 7 of the user manual here : D-Link DP-311P
Then follow instructions at page 15 to reset the server.
After you have finished configuring the DP-311P, to save the changes, you must toggle the mode switch on the rear panel of the print server back to “Normal” mode.