My laptop computer's LCD display is'nt working without AC supply.When I run it with AC supply the colors are corrupted, e.g.Instead of white u see cyan, no red color. Suddenly burning smell starts to come out of the air vent.
IF YOU TAKE THE HEATSINK AND FAN OUT AND BLOW THE DUST OUT OF THEM IT MAY HELP AS THE PROCESSOR MIGHT BE OVERHEATING WITH AC POWER. MAKE SURE TO REINSTALL THE HEATSINK WITH THE PROCESSOR PIN PAD IN THE UNLOCKED POSITION THEN TIGHTEN TO THE LOCKED POSITION.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You could try re-installing the graphics drivers, but it may be more serious, you may need to take to a local tech for testing as it could be 1 of 3 possible faults, graphics chipset, LCD/LED display or the LCD/LED display cable, let me know what happens. good luck.
1. Immediately run PSA. (Make sure laptop is connected to AC Adapter. Leave laptop off. Press and hold on the Fn key then press power button once).
2. Just wait for about 3 to 5 minutes then you might will hear beeping sounds (no display with beeping sounds) this means that laptop is working fine but no display. This might cause by either the video card or LCD.
3. After hearing beeps turn off laptop. (Press and hold on the power button for about 3 seconds)
4. Leave laptop off. Press and hold on the D key then press power button once. If full screen colors appears this means LCD is working fine and the problem is the video card. If no display from the LCD no colors were displayed try the test again just to make sure. If still the same no full screen colors then the problem is the LCD.
The white screen you are getting is it just right after turning on the computer? If yes it means that you were not able to see the Dell logo correct?
Try connecting an external monitor thru VGA. While monitor and laptop is on with white screen please do this. Hold down Fn key then press F8 at the same time. This will toggle the display from the laptop to external monitor. If laptop displays to external monitor means that laptop LCD needs to be replaced.
If you do not have an external monitor try this. While laptop is OFF. Do this. Hold down the D key then press power button at the same time. Check if the laptop will display colors the whole screen. If you still see white screen then LCD needs replacement.
LCD mean LCD panel or the whole screen together with LCD cable and Inverter.
You may try this; Turn OFF the laptop, remove the power sources (ac adapter and battery). Without power sources, hold power button 10 secs. Put back the power sources, and power ON the NB. If the laptop will not boot by doing this, take it to the nearest repair center or contact ASUS (if in warranty) to have it check for LCD problem.
I think there is some severe problem in the VGA of the laptop, that is not supporting your LCD. There may be some thing relating to a very sensitive golden color strip in the laptop that is used to VGA signals. If you have opened the laptop for repairing then it can be a issue. Better to try another VGA first and then tell me what happened.
The white screen tells me that the display cable (inside your monitor) may be unattached or broken. The color bands if they are vertical or horizontal lines tell me that your display cable needs to be replaced.
So overall replace your display cable. If this doesn't entirely fix the problem your logic board (inside the monitor) needs to be replaced.