Question about HP Photosmart R707 Digital Camera
After thirteen month of excellent operation, the camera unexpectedly stopped the operations from video recording mode, retracting the lens. The red light indicator for video recording remained "on". From then, none of the camera's buttons or combination of buttons pressed showed any reaction, the camera is "dead". Initializing the software didn't help, removing and replacing the battery by a full one didn't help. When a fresh battery is inserted, the red light gets on for a while, then starts weakening and extincts. A couple of weeks before the breakdown, I'd upgraded the software by the new release as strongly suggested by HP, including the detector in the case you want to charge inappropriate batteries. The HP service center in Bangkok (Thailand) claimed the engineer had found it needs a new processor unit (although the mail messenger confirmed the staff had not even touched the camera). As we know by the newspapers, HP is closing service points and dismissing staff... Maybe someone had similar problems
SOURCE: Flash Will Not Operate
Flash doesn't operate from various reasons. Try to reset your camera if you find in the instructions manual a procedure like that. If it doesn't work here are some possible reasons. The flash works because a power inverter will charge a capacitor at about 350 volts. These are required to make a small lightning inside the flash tube. If the capacitor is damaged it will not charge, and the flash woun't work. If the invertor is damaged, it woun't charge the capacitor, and without those 350 volts the lightning inside the flash tube woun't go on. If the components that links the the camera's internal processor to the inverter circuitry doesn't work because of some failure to those components, again the inverter woun't work. Any shortcircuit or open circuit or imperfect contact can result in this. Even if the camera's firmware was corrupted in some way it could fail to instruct the camera to charge the flash circuitry. As you can see there are many reasons for that but only a service center can make the correct diagnostic. It isn't adviceable to dissasemble de camera yourself and tamper with the invertor circuitry as you are exposing yourself to those 350V. You may get some nasty electric shocks or damage other components. Therefore, I think the best aproach to this problem is to have it diagnosticated and fixed by a specialised service facility.
Posted on Mar 14, 2007
Thanks you!! i did whay you said and worked. I removed the play buttton (blue) and worked. The problem is that if the 2 top bottoms (red an blue) are pressed, none of the rest will respond.
If have any problems go to www.skatox.com and you can ask me.
Posted on Nov 26, 2007
I Recomend you to charge your camera before it reaches the lowest level of charge displayed in the LCD Screen This might help the camera to turn on again after long usage but this is something you must take in consideration before it gets ruin but if it is already ruined and you have good luck you might be able to turn it on again and then you shall follow my advise.
Posted on Jan 04, 2008
Ok, here's a couple of long shots to try...
If there is a backup battery remove that also and let it sit for some time with the power switch in the on position (if it has one)
also check the battery contacts are clean. Refit both batteries and try again.
Beyond that unfortunately it sounds like a main board failure. If you have any warranty on the camera return it, if not its likely the cost of replacement would be fairly high but worth checking with HP.
If your handy and fancy a go at it yourself it may be worth opening it to check nothing has become dislodged, but this is unlikely. else pick up a faulty one off ebay, one with a broken LCD or lens and have a bash at swapping the main board out yourself.
A WARNING ABOUT OPENING DIGITAL CAMERAS THEY BITE
Before opening a digital camera its recommended you let it sit for some time (like a week) with no batteries in. There ia a large capacitor (like a battery) which can be charged up to 300v if you touch the contacts or anything connected to it it really is like a shock from the mains.. I have been bitten many times...
This can damage the delicate parts within because of high voltages but more often because you almost always drop the darn thing..
Best of luck
Posted on May 26, 2008
Your problem may be due to corrosion on the battery contacts inside the camera
which can prevent the full power of the batteries from flowing into the
camera. Try this free fix before you do anything else: remove the batteries and wipe the camera contacts firmly with
a dry cloth (heavy corrosion may require cleaning with a wire brush,
steel wool, or sandpaper). Remove any residue that may have fallen
into the battery compartment during cleaning, then wipe both ends of
the batteries and place them back in the camera. This cleaning clears
the problem about 90% of the time. If it doesn't work for you, the camera may have
a problem that requires professional repair.
If this response helps, please take a moment to post a rating for me. "Very Helpful" would be appreciated.
Posted on Nov 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!