my paper light is flashing red and when i go to print my dialogue box says that i'm out of paper.. but i'm not. it won't let me print.
also when i send a print job to my printer sometimes it registers but more often than not it will not even register the print job in its job dialogue box.
printer: hl 2040 brother laser
I've been stuck with a flashing red paper light for a while. The printer could print from the manual tray and could also print test or diagnostic pages. So I thought it might be driver related, and indeed it was. There's a nasty setting in the printer properties that makes the printer go woo-hoo. So go to printer properties > tray settings. Check the "paper size" of "Tray 1". If it's set to "undefined", change it to your corresponding paper format. Click Update, Apply. Now print happily. I still wonder why that setting magically changed. Hope this helps someone.
I tried all the above ( except #2) Nothing worked.
Very frustrating!!! As a last effort I opened the back and noticed
a paper jammed. Pulled it out. BINGO!!! The red flashing
light went away and the green light started flashing.
It finally printed.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You need to make sure the paper size and that of the printer matches in the dialogue box. i.e assuming you a printing an envelop DL size, make sure your envelop is the exact size you choose in your page layout. secondly, open the properties in the printer dialogue box, where you have letter, change the default "letter" paper to you envelop size. Note: if your envelop size is not accurate and the actually printed, you will still receive "incorrect paper size" error. At this point I turn of mine and turn on again.
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
There are actually some certain meaning on the red light and green
light showing different information to user. The summaries are: 1) Green On, Red Off = Printer Ready. 2) Green Fast-Flashing, Red Fast-Flashing = Printer warm up. 3) Green Fast-Flashing, Red Off = Printer off-line. 4) Green Slow-Flashing, Red Off = Processing Data. 5) Green Off, Red On = Cover Opened, Toner Empty or Developer Unit / Drum unit missing. 6) Green Off, Red Fast-Flashing = Paper Jam or waiting for jam reset. 7) Green Off, Red Slow-Flashing = Paper Empty or Paper tray is not inserted. 8) Green Off, Red Off = Printer power is off. 9) Green Very-Slow-Flashing, Red Off = Printer in sleep mode. 10) Green (any condition above), Red Slow-Flashing = Toner low or paper empty.
So what is your printer condition? Better know what is going on your printer so can solve the problem
The default printer is set to be "file". Here's what you must do:
- Go to printers dialogue box and right click on your printer name and selectd "Set s default printer" - Right click on printers name and chose Properties. then look for a check box saing something like "print to file" and unchek it.