Question about Vtech V.reader Animated E-book System

Open Question

V reader "device not found"

V reader connected by the USB 2.0 type A male to mini B male USB cable that came with the toy into my Macbook's USB port (that works with several other devices) but the Learning Lodge doesn't recognize the V reader is connected although the V reader is displaying the USB Connected window. The weird thing is this worked less than a month ago, I have bought and downloaded items to the "backpack". Arrggh! I've spent HOURS and HOURS trying to fix this. V tech Tech support has yet to be more supportive than suggesting I turn my v reader off and on and make sure I have the correct cable. Grrr.

Posted by Anonymous on


1 Related Answer


  • 1 Answer

SOURCE: I can't register. I have downloaded

The Vtech learning lodge needs the "Other Browser" (non-Windows Explorer) version of Adobe flash installed in order to work.

The US FAQ covers this (took a while to find !)

Posted on May 30, 2011


Add Your Answer


Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:


I need the Usb Male to Female cable that connects the Panasonic N5HBZ0000101 Wireless LAN Adapter / Dongle to the main board. any assistance would be appreciated.

I believe this adapter just has a USB Type-B mini male connector on it. Are you just looking for a Type-A Male to Type-B mini Female extension cable? Or do you need a Type-B mini Male to Type-B mini Female Extension cable?

Both are available on Amazon and various other online sellers.

Where can I purchase the cord for my FWFL40-N to be used with a MacBook Pro?

I have a firelite USBFLB60 60gb. My cord broke, so I just ordered "Cable Wholesale USB Type A Male / Mini-B Male Cable, 5 Pin, Black, 1 ft" from Amazon for very cheap. I think that is the correct adapter, and I imagine it would be the same for yours.

I was given a Gear Head Mobile slim burner with the 3 prong usb connector. Could you explain how the burner connects to my pc?

Hi slamalot35,

1. The content you are pertaining to is the USB 'Y' cable. like the image below.


2. Connect both USB Type A (Male) to your laptop or desktop it will require two usb ports. Sometimes your external drive can be detected if you plug only one USB Type A (Male) but most of the time it wont, it will require additional power.

3. Plug the USB Mini 5 to you external slim dvd and wait for your computer to recognize the device.

4. Double your My Computer and look for a DVD RW.

Hopefully this information helps.

Thank you for using FixYa.

What cable or adapter do I need to connect my projector to a MacBook video out port?

You will need a Mini-DVI to VGA adapter. Apple sells this item through their online store.
You will also need a male to male VGA cable to attach the adapter to the projector.
You can find modestly priced cables at monoprice or other retailers. example:
Plug the cable into your projector and then plug the adapter into your MacBook. The MacBook will automatically resize your picture to the appropriate resolution for the projector.

Can i use my mp3 player with a fisher rs 727 receiver/amp

Yes, just connect a male mini-plug/2 RCA male plug adapter into the mp3 player and connect the male RCA plugs to the AUX IN on the back of the receiver. It may take several pieces to "build" the adapter, e.g. often you'll find a male mini-plug/2 female RCA adapter, so then you'd need an RCA "patch" cable with males at both ends to complete the link.

I have a new Macbook, but it doesn't have a

Buy a USB card reader, this will show your card (which you used in the camera) as a normal disk in finder

Lost cable

Contact GE at this # 800.730.6597 and tell them you need a new usb cable to hook to computer

Can't use my hp sb21 with my Macbook

it works if you do it in bootcamp. but have to select external monitor instead of digital display under the intel graphics control panel. does anyone know of such an option under OSX?

Usb cable

This camera uses a mini USB connector, so you need a cable that has a normal to mini.  I like to buy this type of thing from, but there are many, many places to pick one up.  
I checked Meritline for you and found a retractable one for $1.99, with free shipping.  Not bad.

If this is helpful, please don't forget to rate this solution.  Thanks.

USB cables

The cable you need is a:

USB A Male to
Mini B 5-Pin Male,

And you can find it almost anywhere as this type of cable is very often used to link many USB devices as cameras, mp3 players and cell phones. So if you have one from other camera or USB device just shift.

Good Luck...
Not finding what you are looking for?
Vtech V.reader Animated E-book System Logo

Related Topics:


Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Vtech Toys Experts

tina gallow

Level 2 Expert

131 Answers

GI Consulting

Level 2 Expert

119 Answers

Tom Chichester

Level 3 Expert

62169 Answers

Are you a Vtech Toy Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides