- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
Be sure you have a new ink cartridge before you begin. Once you start replacing a cartridge you must complete all steps in one session.
1. Make sure the Epson CX printer is on.
2 Make sure the document cover is closed, then open the scanner Caution: Do Not open the scanner when the document cover cover is open.
3. Press and release the " ink " button. The ink cartridge moves to the check position and the
" On " and " ink " lights flash. If one of the cartridges is low or empty, the printer moves the
cartridge to the _ink out mark. Note: Don't hold down the " ink " button for 3 or more seconds or the printer starts cleaning the print head. Caution: Do Not move the print head by hand; this may damage the printer, always press the ink
button to move it.
4. Press the " ink " button again
a. If more than one cartridge is low or empty, the next cartridge moves to the_ink out position.
b. If all of the empty or low cartridges have been identified, the print head moves to the ink
cartridge replacement position.
5. Open the cartridge cover.
6. Squeeze the tab at the back of the empty/low cartridge and lift it straight out.
7. Before you open the new ink cartridge package shake it four or five times, then remove it
from the package. Caution: Do Not remove or tear the label on the cartridge; otherwise ink will leak.
Do Not touch the green chip on the front of the cartridge, this can damage the
8. Place the new ink cartridge into the cartridge holder and push it down until it snaps into
a. Replace any other cartridges that need to be replaced.
9. Close the ink cartridge cover and press it until it clicks into place.
10.Close the scanner.
11. Press the " ink " button The print starts charging ink and the " On " light starts flashing. This
takes about one minute. When it's finished the " On " light stops flashing and remains on.
and the " ink " light goes out. Caution: Never turn off the printer while the " On " light is flashing or you'll waste ink. Note: If the " ink " light stays on ( not flashing ), the ink cartridge may not be installed correctly.
Press the " ink " button again and reinstall the ink cartridge until it clicks into place.
Get the new ink, when the ink light begins to flash, that will be the time to change it. Press the ink/cleaning button, the printhead will advance to the left, open the cartridge door, replace ink, close the catridge door, and hit the button again.
The flashing lights are a "Maintenance request error" or a "Fatal error". Most of the time it is a "Maintenance request error" which means the waste ink pads need to be serviced. You can reset the waste ink counter but the ink pads will need to be serviced at some point.
Use the Service option from Printer Properties to start service--maintenance----or you need to service your printer from vendor.....
Turn on the printer.
lower th epirnter's output tray, pull out the extension, and open the cover.
press and release the ink button.
if your ink lights is on or flashing, the printer head moves to the left, and the cartridge that need to be replaced stops under the ink out mark.
open the cartridge cover
Pinch the back tab of the empty cartridge as your left it out of the printer.
shake the ink cartridge 4 to 5 times while it is still in the package. unwarp the new ink cartridge and lower it into the holder. Push down gently until the cartridge is firmly seated.
repeal the procedure if more than one ink cartridge is out.
close the cartridge cover.
close the printer cover and press the ink button.
The green power light flashes and the printer makes noise. charge takes about a minutes. When it's finished, the green power light stops flashing and stay on, and the red ink light should go out.
if your power light is off and the paper and ink lights are flashing try this.
1. remove all the paper,
2. open the cover and check for paper jam
3. make sure the ink cartridge lid is securley in place by opening and re closing the ink cartridge lid
reclose the lid, disconnect the power supply and hold the power button for 30 seconds. reinstall the power plug and turn the printer back on.