I have a creative labs zen touch, recently it hung when i was switching it off, eventually i had to press the re-set button (which ive had to do in the past) now it wont even switch on!!
Any ideas would be gratefully received.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Problem could be the combination of a bug that causes the device to freeze and the battery running out. If...
- the player won't turn on
- the player won't connect to PC
- the standard reset action won't work,
plugging the player in the AC charger may pull up the recovery screen which will allow you to proceed and reboot, provided the player has no other eg hardware issues.
Try another PC or another USB port
Make sure the hold/lock is not engaged
Check for firmware update on Creative's website
Get Recovery Tool from Creative
Try this: disconnect the player from the computer, turn it off, hold in the volume + button, and reconnect the player to the computer while holding the volume + button in. Keep holding the volume + button for an additional 5-50 seconds. Windows should eventually go into recovery mode and revive the player- it will pop up a window that says Found New Hardware Wizard.
If all else fails, check with this guy:
Creative Zen – Formatting
Step by step instructions for formatting a player
1. Detach the player from the PC if it is connected, and turn off the player.
2. Press and hold the Play button while powering on the player.
3. When the player displays the Creative logo, release the Play button
4. Select Format (All) and select Yes to format the player.
5. After the player has finished formatting, select Reboot.
6. Re-transfer the tracks to the player.
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
You will need to put the Zen into recovery mode and erase the firmware, then reload the firmware. Follow these steps:
To Erase the Firmware:
1. Get a paperclip and straighten it out.
2. Hold down the Play/Pause button, and put the paperclip through the reset hole. Release the paperclip while continuing to press the Play/Pause button until you see the screen change.
3. Select "Reload Firmware."
To Load the new Firmware:
Go to www.Creative.com/support --> downloads. Click through the navigation and download the latest Zen Touch firmware. Reboot your computer, then plug in your Zen via USB cable. Double-click the firmware icon and then click upgrade.
"If your Zen V is dead, wont respond to anything, try this, plug it in to the computer, hold the power switch in the on position, THEN trigger the reset button, worked like a charm for mine, I had thought it a lost cause." Q. How to reset Zen v + http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22T_gkkZjmM&feature=related