I had the same problem as another posting... the unit would turn on for 3 seconds and then just shut down. I returned it to Future Shop and they sent it away. The work order says they replaced a 20A fuse and a diode.
Now we plug it it in and it says: "Welcome to Panasonic. refer to operating instructions before use" over and over again. It never gets to the colon as per step 3 in the manual. I have tried everything I can think of... Please help as we have a newborn who likes his milk just right!!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The problem is your magnetron tube is leaking RF. The mag tube comes on 2-3 seconds after you hit start, and the RF interfears with the board and shuts it down. Drop the front of the control panel down and watch, it wont happen.. Get a new mag tube put in and you'll be good to go.
I don't mean to be coy, but if you bought it from a local company (Best Buy, Lowes, Home Depot), take it back (within the 30 day window) for a refund. I bought three microwaves (all poor quality) and returned them all!
I may be returning this Samsung if your review turns out to be true for my microwave.
My unit shuts off after about 2 seconds. It seems like it tries to go, but it sounds like it stops working and then 1 or 2 more seconds run off and it shuts down. Then you hit start again and it lights up inside and then shuts down. It's only about 2 or 3 years old.Any solutions?
this sounds like one of two things to me it maybe if the unit has inverter on the front of it the magnetron or the inverter itself both repairs can be expensive if its both and that does happen around 80.00for the magnetron and poss not much change out of 120.00-150.00 for the inverter sorry its best with that fault to take it to a shop or call an engineer unless you are confident with this sort of unit its best left to a pro
If the time from START to shut off were EXACTLY 3 minutes, then I would suspect a sensor problem or corrupted code in the microprocesor.
But since that time sounds more random, it sounds heat-related, and I would suspect a failing magnetron or a failure in the cooling system.
If the cooling fan is not running while the oven is cooking, this failure can occur, and can destroy the magnetron in short order.
A cracked magnet (has the oven been dropped?) or other problem can cause a magnetron to go bad and overheat.
If it's under warranty, I would definitely contact the manufacturer (see your manual) to find an authorized local servicer.
If it's out of warranty, I would balance the cost of a new microwave versus a bench diagnosis fee of $25 or more or an in-shop repair cost of maybe $80 or more.