I have a front load washer machine that is one year old. I load the machine, select the cycle and pull out the button to star it. So far it work fine two minutes later when it empty the water the timer does not move from that position no matter which cycle I use. To use it now I have to stay there and move the timer forward every time stops.
Any suggestions will be much appreciate.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: Washer Machine does not work properly.
MR, Im assuming that your model starts with 417-44102. There could be a number of problems here but lets start with the drain pump itself. On this model, even though the tub looks empty there could be water under the basket. There is a pressure switch that will not allow the unit to spin if it detects water in the tub. I have found on many occasions that the pump has debris in it preventing a full drain. If you drop the bottom panel you will see the pump on the right side bottom. Get a pan, remove the hoses and clean out the debris. Another thing is you want to make sure that the hot and cold water are turned on to the washer, it will not advance if they are not turned on. If these areas check out ok, then some detailed tests will have to be made on the motor controller. Catriver...post back
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1) 1st check the filter under the machine (it unscrews behind the access panel 2) open front door and pull back the rubber membrane to see metal and clean out the debris blocking drain holes 3) remove the drain hose from the machine (spring clip) and try and run water thru it and keep blowing out the junk and re-attach 4) run the machine thru 2 cleaning cycles w/bleach and without bleach 5) start using less detergent
When a front load washer is not spinning properly (it is very, very hard to overload a properly operating front load washing machine) you have a problem that can not be solved easily. Besides making sure the washer is level and stable (no rocking on its feet), changing the controls on the front or making other adjustments will not fix it.
It will require a service technician to take a close look at it, open up the washer and possibly even listening to the machine as it washes, drains and (attempts to) spin.
I hope this information is helpful. I wish I had better news or more guidance.
Hard Reset - In some cases the control can be non-functioning or may not accept activation from the control panel. To clear and restart the control follow the these steps:
* Unplug or turn the circuit breaker off for 30 seconds. * Reconnect the unit to the power source by turning the breaker back on or plugging the unit back into the wall outlet. * Press the Pause/Cancel/Stop button twice to clear the "PF" in the display. * Start a short cycle to check the operation of the machine by selecting a cycle and pressing and holding the start button until the machine starts.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question!!!!
The high speed spin of a front load washer should normally do a good job of getting squeezing out the water but if there is an oversudsing condition that makes it hard for the drain pump to operate then the suds and water will just stay there. First make sure there is no actual clog in the drain line then run a load with no soap or detergent and see what happens. It's always better to use a low suds detergent with this type of machine