Question about Cisco Linksys E1000 WirelessN Broadband Router Network Routers
3 computers, 1 Acer, 1 HP., 1Dell, ; we need to be able to share a network, but it MUST be secure from other users (Hackers, or wireless thieves) . Have tried resetting the router, and tried reconfiguring the computers but nothing seems to work, how do we accomplish this?
If your connecting all your computers wirelessly then you can setup encryption for your wireless network.
login to your router from a browser. go to 192.168.1.1
click on wireless
click on wireless security
set security mode to wpa2/wpa mix mode.
set the passphase. this will be the password you required to authenticate to your wireless network.
click save settings.
all wireless devices will need to be reconfigured to the new passphase/password in order to use your secured wireless network.
Posted on Feb 16, 2012
SOURCE: I secured my router network.
username: admin password: admin if that doesn't work, just reset it.
- reset instructions -
Push in the reset button on the back of the router, just to the left of the power port, for approximately 10-15 seconds, then wait 30 seconds, you will then be back at factory defaults. you then login to the router by typing http://192.168.0.1 into your browser, username: admin password: admin
Posted on Oct 14, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 04, 2011 | HP Computers & Internet
1. Connect the computer to one of the four LAN ports on the router.
2. Open a web browser on the computer.
3. In the address bar of the web browser, type http://192.168.2.1
4. Click Login in the upper right-hand corner of the page. The router does not ship with a password, so just click Submit.
5. Click on Security in the left-hand column under the Wireless heading.
6. Use the drop-down menu and select "WPA/WPA2-Personal (PSK)".
either WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, or WPA-PSK+WPA-PSK2 as your Authentication;
doing this will set the Encryption Technique automatically.
8. Enter a word or group of characters in the password (PSK) box. The Pre-Shared Key must be 8 to 63 characters in length. Note: The PSK (Pre-Shared Key) is case-sensitive ("A" is different than "a").
a. Unchecking the Obscure PSK box will allow you to see the security key that has been typed.
9. Click the "Apply Changes" button to save the settings.
Any/all wireless computers that connect to this network will be required to have this Pre-Shared Key (password).
Feb 28, 2011 | Belkin F5D7234-4 Router
Jan 21, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 14, 2011 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Jan 10, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jan 10, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Apr 05, 2010 | D-Link WDA-2320 (ASKU54036) Wireless...
Dec 29, 2009 | Acer Aspire 7520-5757 Notebook
Aug 14, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Jul 20, 2012 | Cisco Linksys E1000 WirelessN Broadband...
Aug 02, 2017 | Cisco Linksys E1000 WirelessN Broadband...
82 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: