Question about Aiwa PX-E860 Turntable
To replace a drive belt.
1, Remove the rubber platter mat to expose the platter.
2. Put your thumb and forefinger through the two round holes and lift the platter off. You may need to give the centre spindle a light tap (whilst applying upward pressure) with a screwdriver handle or some similar tool that will not leave any marks or damage.
3. Remove the old belt and wipe the platter pulley and motor pulley with an alcohol swab to remove any old belt residue.
4. Place the new belt around the platter pulley making sure t is sitting flat without any twists.
5. Flip platter over the right way up. There are1or 2 larger rectangle shaped cut outs in the platter.
6. Through the cut out pinch up the belt and slip a finger or belt hook between the platter pulley and the belt gripping the belt ready to fit over the motor pulley.
7. Align the centre hole of the platter with the spindle and place platter back into position keeping a grip on the belt.
8. Slip belt over motor pulley and give the platter a light clockwise rotation to ensure the belt is riding correctly.
9. Replace the rubber mat and then run the turntable to ensure correct operation.
Job done. John styluscity.com
Posted on Nov 02, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 01, 2011 | 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
Oct 15, 2017 | RCA RP8085 5-Disc CD Changer
Jul 19, 2011 | 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier
May 20, 2010 | Garden
Sep 15, 2009 | Garden
Oct 20, 2017 | 1999 BMW 323 Series
Dec 30, 2008 | Frigidaire FEQ1442ES Electric Dryer
5,104 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!