Having same problem as Nonickname's psc 2410:
That is, after power failure w/ psc 2510 running XP sp2, unit wont start up. Unit powers up then the hourglass on the lcd screen continuosly loops.
Tried uninstall an reinstall of driver. did not work. tried to install on another computer via usb...also failed.
Powers up, hourglass infinite loops, unless press power up button. Then device "recognizes" (but it really doesnt). Radio blue light will not come on. Tried USB connect, CAT 5 connect..nothing works.
Is the unit fried?
Answer on fixyourownprinter.com. Search there to see how to lubricate rod under scanner glass. Common fault. Mine responded instantly starting up fine after rod lubrication which stops scanner initialisation routine and leaves you looking at hourglass.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Bro it is a normal problem of some hardware component units, depend on its hardware manufacturer. because some of the system units need to plug first all the peripherals before you start-up using the computer unit so that it will analyse and familiarize all the peripherals attach on it during reboot mode.Bro follow this steps.
1.plug your PS/2 or USB mouse connector to its port at the back of your system unit.
2. turn off or restart your system unit.
3. or turn on the system unit if you're using turn off mode.
4. wait while the hardware is on reboot mode till windows logo appears.
It MIGHT be that the unit is no good. The downside of ALL IN ONE products. BUT, unplug the power cord from the back of the all in one, then unplug the USB cable, then unplug power cord from wall. Wait 10 minutes and plug everything back in in reverse order and see if it works. If not it is bad.
Remove power and leave out for 30 seconds. Hold cancel and left arrow and reinsert the power. Attempt to copy, if it still does not work you may need to have the unit serviced. Technical support can set-up an exchange if in/out of warranty, if out... it will be more that $100 for another unit. You can try to call some local providers for a quote on prices as they vary from ASP.
If you are having problem whit your scanner/printer, do the following:
1) Uninstall the printer, 2) Delete all the printer folders created during the last installation. 3) In the computer registry (start >> run >> regedit.exe) Delete all printer paths 4) Reboot your computer 5) Re-install the printer again.
This will fix your problem.