What does "was this solution helpful?" mean? Why would you ask if a solution was helpful when you've done nothing more than state the problem?
I enter the serial number and encryptian code as directed to configure my 2wire wireless PCI Adapter and it does not recognize it.
NOTE: I have merely stated that this is the problem, I have not suggested any solution hereby, so please offer some advice or a solution but DO NOT ask "was this solution helpful?" when all I've done is state the problem.
I have tried that it still doesnt work. Its saying re enter the serial number cannot find access point. I got the S/N off the bottom of the wireless 2 wire modem and the Key and it wont recognize it? I dont get it?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
You can find all the drivers and the manual for your Wireless Adapter here: http://www.2wire.com/?p=331
If you have any trouble or need any additional help, please let us know.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you dont need to install the driver for the 2wire, you just need to configure the computer to look for the 2wire, if unable to locate the 2wire from your computer, there is a problem on your 2wire it self
You are attempting to install a (brand name) 2wire wireless usb adapter, normally theSBCDSL CD is ONLY what you would use to set up your SBC DSL modem. You should have a specific 2wire CD that you put in your CD Drive when you want to install the 2wire wireless usb adapter. Can you locate this CD?
Introduction ============ This document describes the procedure to install driver for the 2Wire Wireless USB Adapter under Microsoft Windows, and to run a wireless configuration program to configure your 2Wire Wireless USB Adapter to work with a 2Wire HomePortal or OfficePortal wireless gateway. These drivers work under Microsoft Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, and XP.
STEP 1 - Driver Installation ============================
1. Make sure your 2Wire Wireless USB Adapter has not been connected to your computer USB port.
2. Double-click on the file to run WinZip Self-Extractor. The driver installation files will be placed in your hard disk in the C:\TWWUSB_TEMP directory
3. Connect your 2Wire Wireless USB Adapter to an available USB port in your computer. Windows Found New Hardware Wizard will startup.
4. Select the option to search for driver in specific location. Specify C:\TWWGUSB_TEMP as the location of driver.
5. Follow on-screen instruction to finish driver installation.
STEP 2 - Wireless Configuration ===============================
1. Run the program WirelessCfg.exe in the directory C:\TWWGUSB_TEMP. You can do so by clicking on the Windows Start button and select Run. The Windows Start button is typically at the lower left corner of the screen. Type in C:\TWWGUSB_TEMP\WirelessCfg.exe to launch the program.
2. Follow on-screen instruction to configure your wireless setting. Enter the serial number and encryption key as they are printed on the bottom of your 2Wire wireless gateway.
Check in the device manager to see if the system see's the card. one led should light showing power, the 2nd led will light when it connects to a wireless device. You will need to restart the laptop after installing the driver, for the card to function. BPCS