This will guide you on hactivating and jailbreaking the following iDevices with iOS 4.3.2, 4.3.1
, 4.2.1 or earlier:
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPod touch 4G
- iPod touch 3G
The jailbreak will be untethered
, meaning you don't have to worry about rebooting your iDevice.
Download redsn0w 0.9.6rc14
for jailbreaking iOS 4.3.2
, links below:
Use version 0.9.6rc12 if you have iOS 4.3.1
installed on your iDevice. CLICK HERE
to download that and all earlier versions of redsn0w.
Here are the links to download the 4.3.2 IPSW files
. If an Ad appears, just click SKIP THIS AD on the top left corner to continue on downloading:
You can also try locating it locally on your computer. For Mac, go to:
>Library>iTunes>iPhone Software Updates>
For Windows, go to:
C>Documents and Settings>HOME FOLDER
>Application Data>Apple Computer>iTunes>iPhone Software Updates>NOTE (For PC users): Application Data is a hidden folder, make sure to set hidden files visible from Control Panel>Folder Options>View>WARNING
: The following basebands are still UNLOCKABLE
. DO NOT UPDATE
to iOS 4.3.1 (or higher)
if you need the unlock:
Update iTunes to 10.2.1 for best results.
- 05.14.02 - iPhone 3G & 3GS, iOS 4.1
- 05.15.04 - iPhone 3G & 3GS, iOS 4.2.1
- 05.16.00 - iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.3 and 4.3.1
- 05.16.02 - iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.3.2
- 03.10.01 - iPhone 4, iOS 4.2.1
- 04.10.01 - iPhone 4, iOS 4.3 and 4.3.1
- Plug your iDevice to your computer
- Turn OFF your iDeviceTo turn OFF, press and hold the POWER button for about 3 to 5 seconds then slide the red bar on top of your iDevice's screen saying "slide to power off"
- Open/Run redsn0w and click BrowseNOTE: The screenshots you'll see here are taken from a Mac and earlier version of redsn0w, however, the process is completely the same if you'll be working on a PC (Windows) or a newer version of redsn0w.
- Locate the official IPSW.Use the following:4.3.2 IPSW if you have iOS 4.3.2 on your iDevice4.3.1 IPSW if you have iOS 4.3.1 on your iDevice4.2.1 IPSW if you have iOS 4.2.1 on your iDevice
- redsn0w will process and identify the IPSW
- Click Next and let redsn0w do what it have to do
- Check on Install Cydia and click NextClick image for larger view.
- Turn OFF your iDevice (just a reminder from step 2). Before you click Next, read steps 9 to 11 first in preparation for putting your iDevice to DFU mode
- Press and hold the POWER button for three (3) seconds
- Continue holding down the POWER button then press and hold the HOME button as well. Hold them both for another ten (10) seconds
- Release the POWER button but keep holding the HOME button
- You can release the HOME button once you see redsn0w in the process of jailbreaking your iDevice
- Click Finish and you're done on the computer, and as it says, the rest takes place on your iDevice.
All you need to do now is wait and keep it plugged in your computer. DO NOT INTERRUPT!
Once complete, you will find Cydia on the 2nd page of your iDevice's homescreen and it should operate as usual.
If you have an iPhone and you're able to preserve your baseband, you can CLICK HERE
iPhone Dev Teamkidantvideos