When i purchased Dimension 3000 it didn't come with a cd of Windows Xp Home Edition, rather it was only installed in it. Some friend of mine told me that the windows cd is copied into the hard disk of your pc.
The problem i m getting is that i have a lot of spywares and my computer is running slow. I want to reinstall Windows. But how do i access the Windows cd that is imprinted on my hard disk.
Would really appreciate your help,
There area couple of solutions to fix this problem
1. search your hard disk for A) drv or drivers folder in which you will be having I386 folder and run setup.exe file to reinstall the os.
B) Remove all the spyware from the add/remove programmes in Control Panel. Then os will work fastly.
C) Use the System Restore application to the early date so that all the useless programmes will wash away.
D) Search your hard disk for an image file whcih contains the windows os
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
hi, if you really want to fix this that is repairing the windows software without losing any file here is what to do
1. get a windows xp home edition cd
2. insert the cd into the system before it boots to that level
3. the system will tell you press any key to boot from cd. press a key
4. after it has loaded all files needed when it get to a point it will bring out option of pressing f8 to agree with terms and conditions make sure you press F8.
5.it will now ask do you want to repair or install a fresh copy of windows to repair press r and to install a fresh copy press enter, make sure you press enter.
6. it will now tell you that the has been a windows on the system before that do you want to repair it? now is the time to press r
7.so any other thing that happen will now be automatic, when it finishes it will restart itself and continue the installation of windows xp here you might fill some important things like name, date and time etc.
reinstall CD will not help u do a clean install after formating, so u need to get a windows install CD....try piratebay.org u can get the torrent link file there for any win OS and download that, it will get u the full working version of any Win OS in google do a search "Torrent piratebay Windows XP" u also need to get/install BitTorrent software from google/internet to get the torrent link file...
the full file of WinOS say 400 - 700 mb may be a ISO file that u need to burn to a CD so that u can boot from the disk and install windows
If you have a black screen it means the system cannot boot into your master boot record, you should reinstall the system using a bootable Windows XP CD, and perform a repair,( not the Repair Console).
When youre in the Windows XP Wizard screen, press enter , accept the license agreement, and then it will check for existing windows xp partitions, press R to repair the existing Windows XP installation, and wait til it gets your system restored.
go to pricegrabber.com to buy a new copy of XP. Save the stuff U want and install the new os. reload U'r saved data. If some of what U wnat to save are programs, U will have to reinstall those. The new XP os will self install from cd on boot up.