Camera does not recognize lens and memory card anymore
From the one moment on the other my camera does not recognize the lens and the memory card anymore. The camera is brandnew and this is maybe the second time I am using it, so far it has been working for maybe an hour..
I had this problem as well the first time I used the camera, but could solve the problem by resetting the camera (with the two button reset). However, this time resetting does not solve the problem..
Did I just buy a bad body, with loose connections inside or something, or could there be other reasons/ solutions?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The camera sensor must have detected an obstruction, or at least the logic board did not get the message the lens is in its working position. Could be, because it is really not in the correct place, but also there could be something wrong with the detection logic. In both situations, the best you can do is resetting the camera, by removing the battery and memory card for a few moments. (while yu have the battery and memory card out, please check is all contacts on the battery and memory card are clean and shiny) and then reinsert both. Switch the camera on again. When the error returns, I suggest you contact a Fuji certified repair centre, or start saving for a new camera.
ALTERNATE WAY TO TRANSFER PHOTOS TO COMPUTER If your photos are stored on the memory card, then remove the memory card from the camera and insert it into an USB memory card reader. Connect this USB memory card reader and memory card into the USB port of your working computer. Your computer will see this as an USB Mass Storage Device or an external storage device; you can then open the folder on the memory card and copy the photos to your computer. Memory card reader is a handy device and is inexpensive. You can copy photos from other cameras and you can also download photos off your memory card to someone else's computer without the need of installing any programs.
This problem happens because of longtime no using/ Dust or Lens guide pin damaged. If the lens guide pin damagethen there is no chance for repairing . Only solution is replacing the lens. For the solution you need to follow the steps.1. Turn off the camera and remove the memory card and clean theexternal body of the camera and make sure in place of the lens there is no dustor damaged sign.2. Now turn on the camera without memory card & make sure thebattery are fully charged.3. If the lens not moving then give a little shake or thrust by hand( carefully very slow) and then wait for a moment. If no changes then turn onthe camera and give a little twist an anti clock side and leave for few second.It is risky ( Do it slowly at your own risk)4. If nothing change then reset the camera setting from the menuoption.After following all steps, if thecamera does not start working then you need to visit service center forreplacing the Lens or Repairing. But before repairing ask service center theapprox cost. if they told you to replacing the lens then do not do that.Because a new lens & service charge cost you near about a new camera price.So best is buy a new camera. If you have any more questions ask me I fell happyto answer your question. Thank you.
The Olympus Stylus is a point and shoot digital camera that provides a weatherproof feature for additional safety. It has an interface that provides information on the status of the camera's computer. The camera comes with a one year limited warranty to cover some damage issues. Once the warranty expires, the repairs are at the owner's expense. Many repairs to the camera can be handled by the consumer without the need for a technician.
How to Repair an Olympus Stylus Digital Camera
1.Diagnose the problems the camera is experiencing and prepare the tools accordingly. If the camera needs to be opened, a small Philips screwdriver will be needed. Additional batteries, a blow brush cleaning kit and memory cards can be beneficial to ensure repair quality as well.
2. Power problems can normally be remedied by changing the AA batteries. If the batteries are not working, plug in the AC adapter to test the power. Lens issues may also stop the camera from powering on.
3. If the camera lens will not open or focus, then small debris or sand may be stuck in the gears of the lens. If so, the casing of the camera will need to be opened. Access the lens housing and blow clear any debris with a blow brush kit. Close the casing and try powering on the camera to test how the lens operates.
4. If the lens housing is knocked out of alignment, and the camera will not power on, it is possible to realign it. Open the casing of the camera using the Philips screw driver and access the lens housing. Gently adjust the area with a soft item or with the blow brush tip. Enclose the casing and turn the camera back on to verify if it works correctly.
5. If a memory card is not recognized when inserted into the slot, clean the gold contacts of the memory card and reinsert it. If the card is still not recognized, then format the card using the computer menu. If still not recognized, replace the card with another one. The reader in the camera may also be damaged and need to be repaired.
I hope you find it very helpful. Thank you for using fixya.
you can try it with a card reader or you can take help of other camera in your group compatible with your memory card type.
get the help of other olympus camera and then format your card in that and then try the card in your camera simple....
i hope it will be fixed....